• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

[poll] Narf is buying a car and needs your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narf!

TD Admin
I'm having trouble deciding on what I want as a car after I head back to T.O. The front-runners for me are: Honda S2000 and Subaru Impreza WRX (STi maybe?)

The Impreza has been one of my favorite cars -- if not *the* favorite car -- for the longest time, but my reasoning behind getting a roadster is that there are only 3 stages in life where you can get one: before you have a family, after you retire, or somewhere in between but you have to have quite a bit of extra cash lying around to afford one.

My other choice of vehicle would be an SUV such as Ford Edge or Nissan Murano (I have 2 big dogs afterall). If I got the roadster, I'd still have the old, reliable family van to take them around to places...

If you picked &quot:other", what do you suggest? (Please nothing ridiculously expensive -- I've considered a Boxter already, but I wouldn't be able to keep up with the maintenance fees -_-)

Narf!

TD Admin
I've considered LanEVOs, but they fall into the same category as the Impreza WRX STi, and the latter pwns the former :)

I am leaning more towards the S2K at the moment though, mainly because (as I mentioned), it's not something you can always get. Technically I can still get an Impreza or EVO if I had a family, but you can't really get a 2-seater then -- it'd still be a pussy magnet, but the (then) wife probably wouldn't appreciate it -_-

Foolio

TD Member
[quote1225735135=Narf!]
I've considered LanEVOs, but they fall into the same category as the Impreza WRX STi, and the latter pwns the former :)
[/quote1225735135]

That's debatable

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1225735554=Narf!]
Technically I can still get an Impreza or EVO if I had a family, but you can't really get a 2-seater then -- it'd still be a pussy magnet, but the (then) wife probably wouldn't appreciate it -_-
[/quote1225735554]

That's debatable! :D

glock

TD Admin
Go for the two seater Narf! Just strap in your blowup doll into the passenger side and you'll have one sweet ride :)

or

You could also marshal the gay parade as well.

Buy a VW man, i got a 1994 VW Corrado VR6, just put stage 2 turbo in it, boy this thing flys, Vinny if your crusing around Newmarket..you've probally seen me..im the only one in Newmarket with a 94 VR6 Corrado :P

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
why dont you just be the "average asian" and just get a damn civic or corrolla.

iCe

TD Admin
dont know how u feel about infinites but the g37 is pretty hot.. a friend just got one and it rides great

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Buy a honda civic SI and gut the fucker except ur seat, wheel and shift. Remove the doors and install a roll cage. No need for turbo, no need for upgrades. An '08 civic si that is gutted will fly faster off the line than any S2000, WRX STI, and even Carrera.

I guess u wanna look a lil classier tho and drive something that woman won't complain about when sitting inside of it...Ur price range seems to be about $35000-$45000?

If ur leasing or buying, I would get an Infiniti G35coupe or even a G37 if u have extra cash to dish out. Lexus IS250-350 are real nice all-wheel drivin cars too. BMW 335i coupe is a real sweet car too but a bit expensive.

but still...gutted SI ftw

Narf!

TD Admin
You're right Taco, I do want something classier. I had a Civic in HS. It was alright, but I want something that's sexier &quot:out-of-the-box" as I probably won't do a lot of major upgrades to it -- only subtle ones.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
If you want a nice sports car, go for the 350z, ive always found them to be really nice. Or even the new altima coupe.

If your into a sporty sedan that you can keep with a family, go for a VW jetta. The new sleek design is very nice.

Narf!

TD Admin
I'm not a huge Nissan fan. I've considered the RX-8, but a buddy of mine already has one so I don't want to get the same thing -_-

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
hit me up if you want a 2004 535ia with m5 rims, i give you a good deal....

i would go with the imprezza, a buddy gave me a test drive in last years model (sti) and it was insane how fast that thingg went

Foolio

TD Member
the new line of audis are nice with the led running headlights the TT looks sick if you're into a 2 seater

B3tt3rMan

Former TD Member
Impreza is the best choice man, AWD, fantastic boxter engine...

Beautiful car, although I liked the older 2.5 RS coupes, the new ones are still beautifully made.

Fork Included

TD Admin
new age cars are junk, they are heavy and expensive to fix, and unlike older cars you really do need to be a specialized mechanic to do so.

if you're gonna be dumping down money, get a 3rd gen RX7 with a tune up

also i would suggest

imported R32 with engine tune up (redline 8K ftw)

imported Evo 3 (2008-9 means you can start importing cars made in 93)

i know its cliche.. but you can import an 86 Trueno in good condition, upgrade the shocks, tint the windows, and buy yourself some expensive lightweight (sub 13lb) 14" wheels and even with the stock engine it will FLY

May i also suggest an SW20 (93 last year) MR2, finding one in good condition will be a pain in the ass, japanese steel is junk and unless you find one that has been storing it for winter for the last 15 years it will be rusty. you can try the states for cleaner bodies

my daily driver is a VW Golf, and my project car is a 1983 Porsche 944

i like older cars, you can work on them yourself, or make it easier for someone to work ON them, and if you can have one in prestine condition (or atleast new and shiny paint) that doesnt blow smoke when you shift gears, you will get alot more wow factor than any of the modern high ticket items.

Status
Not open for further replies.