[poll] de__3rd Street

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Well, he agreed to it. Let's hope I've done a decent enough job that it will stay. :)

EDIT: Just e-mailed it to Prop, hope for the best :D

td|35mm

TD Admin
JUST PUT THE GOD DAMN MAP ALREADY!

Jesus ... is just a fucking map. If so many people are requesting it, let them have it lol :).

Just in case ... right back at ya Prop :P.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1269563553=Propaganda]
I will put that AIDS map on if it's fixed. Fix both spawns BJ, and should make it daytime lighting.
[/quote1269563553]

Snap, I didn't see this, I'll do daytime lighting, sure...

I know you've got shit loads of projects, so let me know what we need and I'll do it, you look it over and BAM, we're done.

Propaganda

TD Member
Check to see if the original had soundscape and overview also. It's not that simple guys if you rename a map there's other shit to do with it for it to work properly.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Oh ya, the parent entities and all that shit,....

No soundscape, just ambient sounds, they all work when tested. Overview, I didn't notice, but I'll check again. That's the last thing I have to do for my own map, and I'm not sure how, I'll take a look at it.

Also I'd like to leave the map at night, it looks so much nicer.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1269590346=Commander Abdul]
Damn I'm too excited! Best map evar! Can't wait to laugh at people getting run over by the train!!
[/quote1269590346]

Best map ever? It's what happens when you give 12 year olds hammer. It's one of those fails that somehow got lucky, go figure.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1269627590=Propaganda]
Ok check overview, when ready send me vmf, I will do compile and cubemaps and check everything.
[/quote1269627590]

sure, consider it done, I'll do what you listed, check minimap when alive n dead, and I'll screen for errors, then email it to you. Working till 9 might get off early, I'll get it done then.

EDIT: Gotta wait till Sunday, I'm slammed @ work :(

[quote1269635915=Propaganda]
Damn I'm too excited! Best map evar! Can't wait to laugh at people getting run over by the train!!
[/quote1269590346]

Best map ever? It's what happens when you give 12 year olds hammer. It's one of those fails that somehow got lucky, go figure.
[/quote1269635915]

It's fail because of some issues that can be fixed, the map layout is great though. I can list at least 5 fail maps on the current server rotation... Then again, how much someone likes a map is an opinion more than anything.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1269794404=Commander Abdul]
[quote1269635915=Propaganda]
[/quote1269590346]

[/quote1269635915]

It's fail because of some issues that can be fixed, the map layout is great though. I can list at least 5 fail maps on the current server rotation... Then again, how much someone likes a map is an opinion more than anything.

[/quote1269794404]

You miss my point Abdul, no decent map should ever need to be "fixed", it should be the mp makers responsibility to ensure they aren't putting out maps with spawn problems, valve has a guideline for spawn spacing. And believe me if the author catches wind that we have "fixed" his map and called it 3rdstreet_fixed he will cry like a little bitch.

Narf!

TD Admin
I voted yes because despite its many flaws, it was a fun map to play...and knife at

[lightbox=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/171922/3rdstreet.jpg|Rape||][img:width=150&height=225]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/171922/3rdstreet.jpg[/img][/lightbox]

[lightbox=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/171922/de_3rdstreet0000.jpg|Rape||][img:width=225&height=150]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/171922/de_3rdstreet0000.jpg[/img][/lightbox]

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I'll finish tonight, I've just been touching it up for optimization. Also I'm doing last checks to make sure everything's working (i.e. soundscapes, sounds, functions like trains etc) with the new map name.

I'm off @ 9, and I'll e-mail to Prop TONIGHT.