Policy Change: Trades with Scammer Policy, End of Life

nb

DARKLY Regular
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/

"
For 2016, we plan to remove the policy that calls for bans or cautions in "Trades with Scammer" situations.

More details are below.

What is happening as part of this change?
  • Not taggable anymore. No new bans or cautions will be tracked on SteamRep for cases where a normal trader (i.e. not green tagged) trades, sells, or purchases items from a banned user.
  • Retroactive. This is retroactive. Those banned or cautioned for this offense should appeal and, if there are no other offenses or issues, the appeal will be granted. If you had no other offenses, you should appeal even if your previous appeal was denied. (Use this reason during your appeal.)
  • Partners included. This applies to SteamRep partner bans and cautions as well. Those appeals should be granted by partners if trading with a scammer is the trader's only offense. (Obviously communities can still ban whoever they want on their own sites for any reason they want-- this only applies to their marks on SR.)"
I'm coming back around February-ish :D
edit I'm back now

Also what are your thoughts on this?
In my opinion this is such a great change in SteamRep, I think it'll really change what people think about it now.

Last edited: