• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

REVISED Please unban me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthwake X

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: Earthwake X
Steam ID: pwnb
Game: TF2
Server: Darkly trading servers #1-6
Ban Reason: Accepting spycrab donations without admin permission.

State your case:

I am very sorry I did not realize that not just anyone could hold spycrabs, I was not scamming ask anyone who participated in my spycrabs and they will tell you that I am creditable. Except for one person whose rec I accidently gave back to the wrong person who then left the server. IF you allow me back in I swear to not hold any more donations for spycrabs and if the server wants he to hold one I will say that an admin must hold any and all donations.

Haze

Senior TF2 Admin
I'd advise you not to respond to anyone but the admins mentioned above. I'm an admin, but I don't deal with TF2, so just wait for the three names I displayed above.

Devils - I appreciate the help, but you're not supposed to be posting here, please. Let's keep this clean and be patient.
Dude im a tf2 admin. I have been for months. Im sure zacky has even said it at one point.. My forum perms were never updated cuz SJ was in Europe at the time gatherix told me.

Earthwake X

I'm New Here
Also, I meant that Bird Allowed me to continue even through a relog with out stopping me or making me give back an donations, there for I thought that it was ok. I am truly sorry and do not intend to repeat my actions with out EXPLICT admin permission.

Haze

Senior TF2 Admin
I miss spoke I want a scrap in the prize POOL total at least, not from each participant sorry.

anyways, a few things

1. I talked with zacky while making the report, and although I made the report, he ultimately made the ban, therefore I feel it should be him to unban you after seeing your request. (I also still dont have forum perms)

2. While talking with zacky, I even said you werent necessarily the problem, it was the situation as a whole. The rule is Mods/Admins can only hold raffles/ spycrabs with donations, buy-ins etc. This is because the Mods/ admins are trusted by the higher ups and the community and represnt (in tf2's case) Darkly. If people see non mods/admins hosting them, they may feel they can do it themselves. And while your intention was good, there is always that one person that would not have those same intentions, and end up scamming others, which then sheds a bad light on darkly.

3. What you still failed to do was follow rule 6- Follow The Instructions Of The Admin(s).

4. I appreciate a proper ban appeal, its amazing what following simple directions can do for you.

5. Good luck with your appeal

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Hi Earthwake X,

Firstly, please file your ban appeals in the appropriate section; TF2-related appeals have their own forum section. Posting in the correct category will ensure expediency and less confusion.

Primarily Zackychuu and JhDevils10 will be evaluating your appeal as they made the decision to issue the ban. Please wait for input from both. I recommend that you review the report thread that resulted in your ban, so as to better understand the current situation and communicate more efficiently.

Please note that, regardless of what happened, players are not permitted to collect mandatory buy-ins for any event hosted on DARKLY servers without permission from an admin. Any exemptions to this rule granted by a mod are admin are one-time only, and only apply if the admin is/was present during the event. More permanent exemptions are different and can only be granted by an admin. This, in addition to upholding any requests or instruction from a mod/admin, is clearly outlined in the Server Rules.

Shotgun Jesus, can you please move this thread? Thanks.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Hello, Earthwake X.
Thank you for being patient and not bumping up your appeal several times over like most people.

I will go about re-iterating a few of the things that have already been said by other Admins.
It is to my knowledge that you were given one time easement for performing one of these mass spycrabs, and as far as I can tell, you took that as an invitation to do several more.
Obviously as you have now learned, that one time easement only carries out while the Admin/Mod that granted it is present, and only for that one time crab.

While you may not have had bad intentions, there are several people watching you in the servers.
These people may then take it upon themselves to follow in your foot steps, and create their own mass spycrabs, but with buy-ins for profit.
Even worse, they could take all the buy-ins and then just leave the server, all while taking after your example.

It's not what you did, so much as what your actions will be perceived as by other players on the server.
If they realise that one person can get away with this kind of action by dropping a few names, then they will try it themselves.

--

Now, as far as your appeal goes.
I feel that as long as you can uphold your promise, in that you will stop with these spycrab events, then we can let you off with a shorter ban.
From now on, you must follow Admin/Mod instructions, take care to listen their exact word.

I will shorten your ban to two weeks for Ignoring Admins, after that period you will be free to play on the servers again.
Take these 2 weeks off to think about how your actions may effect other people in the servers, your ban was taken merely as a precautionary measure to both stop the potential of you running with the "donations", and to stop other players following in your footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.