• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narf!

TD Admin
I know Fork is gonna jump on this, and actually I believe he may have made a thread already about photography, but I'm too lazy so I'm just going to make another one :)

I've always enjoyed looking at purdy fotos but never really go into the art of making/taking them -- until now. I recently bought a Nikon D60 to kinda get into photography. I don't know how many of you are into photography (other than the aforementioned Fork), but if we got some closet photographers in here, share your photos/album!

-Narf's Flickr page-
-Bob's Flickr page-
-Fork's Zenfolio page-
-r3volution's Flickr page-
-cerebrus' Deviant Art page-

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
[quote1244243591=Narf!]

-Narf's Flickr page-

[/quote1244243591]
there are some interesting pictures narf, keep it up!

[quote1244243734=Fork Included]

now i need specific ideas/locations, and ive stopped taking "snap shots"

[/quote1244243734]

as do i.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
Just spent $2500+ replacing my broken Canon 7 + 50mm f/0.95. Bah! Need to slap the lens on my Leica M8 so I can take digital pics with it.

Need to start uploading shit online one day, too.

Fork: I could have sworn I'd seen your &quot:office wars" photos featured somewhere.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
I love my bokeh. Most of my photography is street/night stuff. I need huge aperture lenses. I don't buy shit with apertures smaller than f/2 anymore.

Actually, I still have my 17-40mm f/4 L, but want to dump it for 16-35m f/2.8 L II

r3volution

TD Admin
Bought my first dSLR last summer (Nikon D40). I haven't really found the time to take many pictures/upload them on Flickr, but here is my page anyway. I'll hopefully be adding to this this summer :P

My Flickr Page!
Leave comments!...on my 2 pictures...lol

Nice photos you guys.

Narf!

TD Admin
OMG i love that office wars set LOL

And that's some crazy lenses you guys use...I'm still using the kit lens, but I was thinking of getting Nikon's 50mm f/1.8. It's ~$150 which is a decent price. I know the f/1.4 version's like $350ish, so I don't even want to know how much a f/0.95 is -_-

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
yeah man, the 50mm 1.8 is a good lens. well, good for the money, really good. i have the canon version and my bro has the nikon one your talking about.
if i were to break it (really not the best build) i'd still be sure to replace it. good first lens i'd say.
read some reviews.

Fantastic camera for learning and taking really professional looking photos... I have the Nikon D50 for the last two years now and still love it. Lots of lenses :)

I mostly use it for family now, but I loved taking pics for my designs with it.

If I like it here and hang around a while, I will look forward to seeing some great shots! I'm a pic-o-phile... love seeing people's work :)

Good luck!

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1248963382=Narf!]
OMG i love that office wars set LOL

And that's some crazy lenses you guys use...I'm still using the kit lens, but I was thinking of getting Nikon's 50mm f/1.8. It's ~$150 which is a decent price. I know the f/1.4 version's like $350ish, so I don't even want to know how much a f/0.95 is -_-
[/quote1248963382]

this is my current list...

K-Mount (meaning for pentax only)

Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6
Sigma 18mm F2.8
Sigma 28mm F1.8

Pentax 31mm F1.8
Pentax 43mm F1.9
Pentax 50mm F1.4

Cosina 55mm F1.2

Zenitar 16mm F2.8 (fish eye)

Tokina 80-200mm F4.5

Then i have what are known as "M42" lenses, a standard used a very very long time ago, the lens is "screwed" in, and the thread is 42mm in diamater. They are refered to as either "screw mount" or "m42" lenses.

these can be used on almost* any camera with an adapter.

Super-Takumar 28mm F3.5
Super-Takumar 35mm F2.0
Super-Takumar 35mm F3.5
Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4
Super-Takumar 55mm F1.8
Super-Takumar 85mm F1.8
Super-Takumar 135mm F2.5
Super-Takumar 135mm F3.5

=========================

thats it for now.....

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
[quote1249758802=Remy]
Just picked up my new toy, a Minolta X700
[/quote1249758802]

I just sold my Minolta X-700. You don't have a sister or girlfriend by the name of Chih Chen, do you?...

I sold it with a 50mm f/1.7 & 80-200mm f/4.5.

And out of curiousity, what did you pay for it, Remy?

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
I got it from my uncle he used to do some photography. but it goes from 20$ - 60$ on ebay last i checked....now i just have to find that retarded batteries needed for this thing...

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
[quote1249761730=Remy]
I got it from my uncle...
[/quote1249761730]
That's a shame, because the girl who bought it from me was an incredibly cute asian girl in her 20s.

You're missing the battery cover, or batteries themselves?

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
batteries them selves..shouldnt be too hard to find but those button style batteries never last too long...

Anyone need a Enlarger, look to sell an Omega B 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.