• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

p90x

68cal

TD Member
me and my roomate just started p90x this week, this is day three. Have any other Td's done p90x before?

I did a wee kor two of if last year, but this year me and my roomate are doing it at the same time. and we have $20 riding on who can make it through all 90 days.

87 more days to go!

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1264615586=68cal]
me and my roomate just started p90x this week, this is day three. Have any other Td's done p90x before?

I did a wee kor two of if last year, but this year me and my roomate are doing it at the same time. and we have $20 riding on who can make it through all 90 days.

87 more days to go!

[/quote1264615586]

I did about 1.5 years ago. Since you're on day 3, I'll assume you've done Plyometrics (if not, then you're a fucking pansy for doing the Cardio X). Plyometrics is by far the most brutal workout of them all.

I had some good results, but then came Winter and I stopped playing a lot of sports and let myself go...

Maybe I should redo it again in the Spring...

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
plyo's or muscle confusion destroy the body, which is the purpose. If you do a plyo exercise, and are not beat at the end of it, you're not doing plyo's.

Fork Included

TD Admin
the problem with working out is that you are going to have to start eating more

which means either spending more money on eating out.. or cooking larger portions more often.. which is a PAIN.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
chicken and rice. I got a rice cooker and I boil all my chicken, wrap it in saran wrap, and stick it in the fridge.

I live like a bachelor though...

68cal

TD Member
+1 leyroy. and yeah thats definitly true fork. I tried this last year (first year college) and i ended up spending all my time cooking and not doing my homework.

I like the idea of a rice cooker, i just bought a box of uncle bens instant brown rice.

If anyone has some simple meal ideas for a busy college student, I would be most grateful. Right now im basically just plowing through the freezer and eating all the frozen meat and veggies that none of my roomies claim.

68cal

TD Member
[quote1264621688=Narf!]
[quote1264615586=68cal]

87 more days to go!

[/quote1264615586]

I did about 1.5 years ago. Since you're on day 3, I'll assume you've done Plyometrics (if not, then you're a fucking pansy for doing the Cardio X). Plyometrics is by far the most brutal workout of them all.

I had some good results, but then came Winter and I stopped playing a lot of sports and let myself go...

Maybe I should redo it again in the Spring...
[/quote1264621688]

go for it man! being fit makes you feel so great. plus it gives you a better brain and better reaction time.

You all know im just doing this to get better at cs ;)

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1264622018=68cal]
i just bought a box of uncle bens instant brown rice.

[/quote1264622018]

throw that shit out

go and buy some quality rice

Fork Included

TD Admin
TurboTaco gave a nice little run down awhile ago (or was it narf?)

anyway a good unit is probably around 70 bucks, if not more.

I have a shitty black and decker fuck bucket that i want to throw out the window every time i use it.. no time to buy them.

ohh and you wont be able to get them at any regular store..gotta put on a hat and squint your eyes, go on a sneaking mission to asia land...

LT_Clash

TD Member
i saw one in walmart about a month back for 40 considerd buying it didnt tho cuz its from walmart so probly shit

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1264626939=68cal]
that first one looks nice. A classmate of mine has the first one you showed.
[/quote1264626939]

yeah, they are SHIT, they are not sensitive enough to pressure/moisture levels and will either under or overcook your junk.

also, i get tastier rice if i rinse it once or twice in cold water before i actually cook it.

68cal

TD Member
[quote1264627280=68cal]
that second one looks nice. A classmate of mine has the first one you showed.
[/quote1264627280]

thats what i meant to say lol

skd_mrk

TD Admin
Not familiar with this workout program, but I'm seriously going to look into it. I've cut out the weightlifting programs since September when I got sick. Anything that will help with soccer at this point sounds like a great idea.

68cal

TD Member
if you want better running and jumping/agility, one of the best workouts in p90x is plyometrics.

if you want to do the 90 day challenge I would fully support that decision. although its not something to be taken lightly. This program is for people who want to be in the best shape of their life, and want to WORK at it.