Overwatch

IAmJoseph

I'm New Here
Blizzards upcoming title, Overwatch, does bear some resemblance to TF2 in the respect that they are both class-based first person shooter.
A lot of people have been using this as an excuse to bash Overwatch for it's similarities to TF2.

I personally can't wait to try it out and I've signed up for the beta.
If anything, Valve would probably recognize it as a competitor and will step up their act a notch.
Double whammy: A good looking game, and good TF2 updates to wash it down.

What are your thoughts?

I have seen some gameplay of Overwatch and it looks pretty good despite some similarities to TF2. If'ts a good game that motivates Valave to compete with more updates for TF2 then I am all for it. I might give Overwatch a try once it is actually released.

Fork Included

TD Admin
I love it how you guys boast "similarities"

do you know what TF2 is similar to? TF, the first one, made off Quake, or have ya'll forgot.

This is nothing more than the next step in gaming.

Well we boast that there are similarities because we see similarities. (Personally for me I see it in the classes, which some bore significant resemblances to the ones in TF2.)
Bro I was not even 5 when TF came out and was not even 2 when Quake came out. Can't forget what I have never played.
But you are right it is just another step in gaming.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
Yeah, right? It's fine if two games have some similarities, especially for a FPS, arguably the most popular video game genre today.

This looks like a F2P. I'll reserve my judgement about Overwatch once they announce their F2P business model.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I love it how you guys boast "similarities"

do you know what TF2 is similar to? TF, the first one, made off Quake, or have ya'll forgot.

This is nothing more than the next step in gaming.
And Quake came from some other shit game. Fork, have a snickers.

tumblr_inline_mu0x62ypv41rb2fcg.jpg

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
http://imgur.com/Wjw6Iyn

I hate how so many people think it's going to be "The next big thing" when in actuality TF2 has outlived many others.
I'd also add Gotham City Impostors to that list as well if I could.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
When is this coming out? im looking forward to this actually. As I said in a previous thread about this, Asian guy that shoots dragons. Im in

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
There's definitely inspiration from games like TF2 here, but all in all it's an original game. Not to mention the first new IP from Blizzard in 10+ years or something. They're known for quality games, so I'm eagerly awaiting the game. If they do decide to have a virtual economy, it won't be hats. It'll probably be Counterstrike-esque, like the game itself.

IAmJoseph

I'm New Here
http://imgur.com/Wjw6Iyn

I hate how so many people think it's going to be "The next big thing" when in actuality TF2 has outlived many others.
I'd also add Gotham City Impostors to that list as well if I could.

I don't believe it's going to be "the next big thing", rather I believe it will make TF2 players feel right at home and thus be an enjoyable game overall.
TF2 may topple or it may not. Overwatch may be bad or it may have TF2 running for it's money. At this point, I can't say.

I just hope it's going to be a good game, it looks incredibly promising.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
I don't believe it's going to be "the next big thing", rather I believe it will make TF2 players feel right at home and thus be an enjoyable game overall.
TF2 may topple or it may not. Overwatch may be bad or it may have TF2 running for it's money. At this point, I can't say.

I just hope it's going to be a good game, it looks incredibly promising.
Completely agree with you. I'm actually glad this game is coming out so valve with have some kind of competition in their market

IAmJoseph

I'm New Here
Completely agree with you. I'm actually glad this game is coming out so valve with have some kind of competition in their market
Oh absolutely.
As I mentioned, maybe this will be valve's cue to step up their game. Who knows? :)

Reactions: Rei