Official - Post Your Gaming Setup / Rig

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Lol at that tower. Inb4 heat related part failure.

Buy a HAF-932 and put your rig in that. They are probably cheaper than that Volcano too

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Funnily enough, I read about the heat thing in the reviews, which is why I got an extra fan. This may be my first build, but I'm not a complete idiot >:L

lwhPodl.jpg

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Funnily enough, I read about the heat thing in the reviews, which is why I got an extra fan. This may be my first build, but I'm not a complete idiot >:L

lwhPodl.jpg
Decent idle temps, how about under gaming load? Benchmark load?

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Not sure what Benchmark load is, but here's the temps for:
Minecraft Full Screen with 128x texture pack on:
k6T8B8X.png

TF2 Full Screen:
YswvHXs.jpg

These are the only two games I really play, so as long as my rig can handle them, I'm happy.

Am I allowed to enjoy my rig now or do I need to keep answering what feels like an interrogation? :P

Glocky

Drinking your tears
I'm not interrogating, just when people post temps, they usually show idle, normal usage and bench/stresstest/artificial load. :)
It completes the picture.
Under your gaming load, you certainly don't have the volcano the other guys were worried about!
(x38 and under 50% CPU utilization helps with that)
I'll have some temps/pics in 2 months I think. Waiting on two more parts to release (mid- and end-July), then I can read the reviews and finalize my build.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'm not interrogating, just when people post temps, they usually show idle, normal usage and bench/stresstest/artificial load. :)
It completes the picture.
Under your gaming load, you certainly don't have the volcano the other guys were worried about!
(x38 and under 50% CPU utilization helps with that)
I'll have some temps/pics in 2 months I think. Waiting on two more parts to release (mid- and end-July), then I can read the reviews and finalize my build.

Interrogation was probably the wrong word. I just get easily frustrated and I was under the mistaken impression that my rig was being criticized, which I wasn't happy about. This was my first build, and I'm very proud of it. Did I get too defensive? Probably, so I apologize. Little stressful for me lately, so I lose my cool every now and then.

I'll make sure my mood swings don't get in the way next time. Again, I apologize =)

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Interrogation was probably the wrong word. I just get easily frustrated and I was under the mistaken impression that my rig was being criticized, which I wasn't happy about. This was my first build, and I'm very proud of it. Did I get too defensive? Probably, so I apologize. Little stressful for me lately, so I lose my cool every now and then.

I'll make sure my mood swings don't get in the way next time. Again, I apologize =)
Nothing to apologize for! Just remember that everybody here *can* be a dick at times, except for some, they are full time dicks. bahaha
I am sure your rig (with heat risk) compares very well to the various self built, custom build and store boxes in the thread.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard: EVGA Z77 FTW
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB DDR3-1866 Memory
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 256GB SSD
Storage: Western Digital 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: 2x MSI HD7970
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-LINK WDN4800
Case: NZXT Switch810 Gunmetal
Power Supply: OCZ ZX 1250W

Watercooling spec
CPU Block : Swiftech Apogee HD 4-Port
GPU Block : Watercool HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ HD7970
Radiators : Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 420mm , Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 140mm
Pump : Dazmode STORM D5 Vario
Reservoir : XSPC Dual 5.25" Reservoir for One Laing D5 , Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 25 LT (just for show) :D
Fittings : Monsoon 16/10mm (ID 3/8" OD 5/8") compression fitting straight Six Pack - Matte Black x2 , Monsoon Angled Matte Black

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon

Your case was being criticized!

HAF-932 or GTFO!

I got a tattoo of my HAF-932 on right over my heart

My system survived(with zero damage) having gallons of water blowing in through the window onto it last week. It was on the entire time. God tier design saved my retarded window leaving open ass.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
HAF-932 that shit is outdated already.

Cable management > HAF
Design > HAF
Airflow redirection > HAF
Feature > HAF

HAF might be GOD of airflow few years ago, but not anymore.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Hinouchi wins. Love the custom cooling setup, I'm in the midst of acquiring parts to do the same. Dat Hong Kong Money :datass:

Hahaha is not like I paid full retail for the set up, I only paid $465 used but in mint condition for the watercooling setup, fans, rad, rez, pump, and cpu block + the case and led light controller.

Seeing both 7970 at 45c full load and without hearing 2 hairdryer sounds like stock fans running = priceless

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Hahaha is not like I paid full retail for the set up, I only paid $465 used but in mint condition for the watercooling setup, fans, rad, rez, pump, and cpu block + the case and led light controller.

Seeing both 7970 at 45c full load and without hearing 2 hairdryer sounds like stock fans running = priceless
I bet! Hairdryers are a thing of the past, FYI, peep mine:
pressshot.jpg
:D

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
HAF-932 that shit is outdated already.

Cable management > HAF
Design > HAF
Airflow redirection > HAF
Feature > HAF

HAF might be GOD of airflow few years ago, but not anymore.

images

where does this thing even draw air from? shits closed off on 3 sides! a fan on the back and a bunch on top. one of those inlet ?

nzxt-switch-810-review-001.jpg

copper

TD Admin
Clearly there's a front panel below the drive bays that comes off. $100 says there are two inlet fans there.