Official Minecraft Server - 5 Free Copies

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Here!
Not what I remember it being called but it looks the ticket.
With this version, you can change quite a bit.

Have a play around with it :D
Or just disable everything else other than creepers not damaging landscape.

Either way it's your call!

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
.-. Whats the point in mobs at all then?

They still hurt you...
They just don't damage the landscape.
Just because you like to blow peoples houses up with creepers doesn't mean other people do...

Or, we could go with misterducky's idea and just skip out mobs completely :P
EDIT Although, I've just realised that its a SSP mod...not a Bukkit or SMP mod.

I found a bukkit mod called Cookbook. It allows you to make custom craft recipes. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/cookbook/

One of my friends (His name is Lord_Dart on the server) is writing a config file with the recipes for mob drops. I'll post that here once he's done for you to look at.
This way we could have mob items even with no hostile mobs on the server.

Alright. Here are the files:
Key: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46319315/Key.png
Custon recipe file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46319315/recipes.cb

And the instructions:
Dart: That thing is done. Just tell them to drop it into the "Craftbook" folder that's in the plugin download. If they want me to tweak/add/remove recipes and such, that'll be easy enough to do.

MrAvatar4o

A Little Darkly
They still hurt you...
They just don't damage the landscape.
Just because you like to blow peoples houses up with creepers doesn't mean other people do...

Or, we could go with misterducky's idea and just skip out mobs completely :P
EDIT Although, I've just realised that its a SSP mod...not a Bukkit or SMP mod.

The point in Creepers is to blow stuff up, taking that feeling away, that your house might be blown to pieces if you can't fight, is just a bit... Meh....
Also right now you don't need torches at all... If you turn brightness up all the way you can clearly see. Which is kinda dumb[That brightness thing is dumb to begin with].

I don't really think that i want crafting recipes for mobs... I am just really used to fighting and thus getting everything i need[Both IRL and in games]. Even though i really don't have much of an opinion, Minecraft got boring again and i don't play anymore anyway.

The point in Creepers is to blow stuff up, taking that feeling away, that your house might be blown to pieces if you can't fight, is just a bit... Meh....
Also right now you don't need torches at all... If you turn brightness up all the way you can clearly see. Which is kinda dumb[That brightness thing is dumb to begin with].

That's all well and good in SSP, but in SMP, you have dicks who use creepers as a way to grief other people. If I'm offline, and some guy kites a creeper into my house and makes it explode, then how is that my fault?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
That's all well and good in SSP, but in SMP, you have dicks who use creepers as a way to grief other people. If I'm offline, and some guy kites a creeper into my house and makes it explode, then how is that my fault?

I think that's why he is complaining.

He is the dick that would do that ;D

MrAvatar4o

A Little Darkly
I think that's why he is complaining.

He is the dick that would do that ;D

I usually build my houses where no other player goes, i remember specifically on one server from my starting days my home was like 3000 blocks away from spawn, considering there was a town... And also i don't do it to normal players, only to admins...

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I usually build my houses where no other player goes, i remember specifically on one server from my starting days my home was like 3000 blocks away from spawn, considering there was a town... And also i don't do it to normal players, only to admins...

You still do it, which is still bad :P

MrAvatar4o

A Little Darkly
Any updates on getting that mob drop mod installed?

I read a post made by Brades(Concerning frag radio;TF2) that they/he try/tries to keep the servers plugin-free.
This as i said does concern TF2 i am not sure if the same applies to the Minecraft servers though.

Quack Quack!

P.S. Sorry for the double post "/