CS:GO New TD Server

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Okay, I played for an hour today, and I didn't see any player warping or choke, but it still feels sluggish to me. However, I'm pretty sure that this is down to the fact that my ping was fluctuating between 45-75, roughly. I'll report back again on the weekend when I have my new ISP set up and I've had a chance to play for a bit.

Grekko

I'm New Here
I played last night literally right after the install and it was 100% better imo. I didn't have the high choke problems and I only remember one short lag spike for the whole server but that was after playing 6-7 maps. Thank you guys for continuing to try to make the server better, I feel this is a great step forward.

Freak

DARKLY Regular
Stats have also been reset as of tonight. Statwhores, get your game on.
You spelt "maim" wrong. :D

Server is so much better though. Good shit!

EDIT: experienced a few lag spikes in quick succession. Server around 80% full

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
When I played yesterday I did notice that things were a bit smoother. Just the usual kind of lag you would expect from playing in the UK.
There were the odd occasional lag spikes, and one time I remember rushing b site on dust2 lagging like a mofo, the game was kind of going in slow motion for me but was still playable because I got 2 kills out of it.
Definitely seems better than before so nice job!

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
The server definitely doesn't feel sluggish to me anymore. That problem is solved for me. I did notice two big chokes within the last half hour of play, but they were slightly less severe than before. Overall, I'm very happy with how things are going now. I'm going to try to donate something by the end of the month, not only because of what's going on now, but because of all the time I've spent on the server in the past.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I experienced a huge lag spike when playing yesterday, but during that time the server load was perfectly fine. I am convinced that those lag spikes are ISP related. But good to hear that overall the server is running much better. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on here and via steam messenger. :feelsgood:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I am convinced that those lag spikes are ISP related.

Yeah, I've been wondering if this might be the case. The metaphor that keeps coming to mind is a drain being clogged, or something along those lines. If this is the case, hopefully I'm not contributing to that anymore. I could be way off here, though.
:shrug:

shoottomaim

BANNED
budget:
recently my ISP has also been giving me the exact same lag spikes as on the server; the exact same length of time as well... can i trace anything or whatever to help you troubleshoot? it's weird... im wired in on a laptop w/ cat 6 wiring.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
No I mean the ISP our host uses. In other words, our server host at 151 front st. I get routed through Chicago tho (bell fibe) which means more hops and more chances of getting some derpy hop along the way in my case and a higher ping. Even tho I live in the GTA, my ping is 60 on the server, thanks to bell not being a member of TorIX. But again there is nothing wrong with the NEW csgo game server, or the acual box. Any hickups are happening beyond our control. So that's what I mean. I cannot fix the odd/random lag spikes.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
No I mean the ISP our host uses. In other words, our server host at 151 front st. I get routed through Chicago tho (bell fibe) which means more hops and more chances of getting some derpy hop along the way in my case and a higher ping. Even tho I live in the GTA, my ping is 60 on the server, thanks to bell not being a member of TorIX. But again there is nothing wrong with the NEW csgo game server, or the acual box. Any hickups are happening beyond our control. So that's what I mean. I cannot fix the odd/random lag spikes.
Oh, I see what you mean. But yeah, it's hard for me to say. This certainly isn't an area in which I have a ton of knowledge. I just know what a difference it makes to play with low ping.

When I called Bell to cancel my service today, the representative claimed that they control the routing for Teksavvy, as Teksavvy is merely a reseller of Bell. However, Teksavvy claims that they control the routing, and I can clearly see that I go through TORIX, as I can run a traceroute. More Bell bullshit, yet again.
:why:

shoottomaim, the big chokes that I'm referring to are the one's that, to my knowledge, happen to everyone in the server simultaneously. It makes sense to me what LB is saying about it not being a problem with the box, but rather the ISP that the host uses. Are you referring to something else?

shoottomaim

BANNED
shoottomaim, the big chokes that I'm referring to are the one's that, to my knowledge, happen to everyone in the server simultaneously. It makes sense to me what LB is saying about it not being a problem with the box, but rather the ISP that the host uses. Are you referring to something else?

well i was thinking that if my isp also has these hiccups, the cause may be the same reason as to why the TD server has hiccups.
but lb says it's beyond his control so BAIL

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
44.99 or something. I mean Bell Fibe is great, except when it comes to playing on TD because Bell refuses to join TorIX. If I remember only bell and telus are not members of TorIX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Internet_Exchange

By utilizing the Exchange, members can keep their Internet traffic "local", without the added latency of a third-party Internet transit provider. For example, Internet traffic between two points in the same province which utilize different last-mile ISP's may travel extensive physical distances, including to and from other countries, which would negatively impact latency-sensitive applications. Through direct peering relationships, members and their customers realize better network performance. While many companies see a benefit in such arrangements, including many of the countries largest ISP's, both Bell Canada and Telus do not connect to the Exchange, likely due to internal policies.