*New* Scrim Tourney thread

.44 caliber

TD Admin
*New* Scrim Tourney

Teams have been picked. If you signed up later without a team in mind, you probably ended up as a ringer. Good luck players!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player list for Feb 10th-12th
----------------------------
hbc
Larcimosa
Holy
Fuse
Olst

Push
eQuals
Hadriel
Raid
Vlox

Bob's Music
Wh1te
CockofFur (angry penis)
KTS
Auron (Ender's Brother)

Skd Anal Mrk
1nemanArmy
APESHIT
Cranswick

larrybcool
itsachristopher
mejin
Famas Dwn't
Tuttifruitoftheloom

Pwnion
Spinny
Steve
spirit 1
Ares

Flawless
Impruv
Spitfire
Rev
Tytanium

keyzor_soze
Salvador
sgt ducky
Danny (roach's bro)
Commander Abdula

Ringers:
-------
Awyeah
ogrelady
iCe
Saudi Prince Budget
lis73r
Brains
Snipe_ma_@ss
kush
guy_smiley
Marine Revenge
snipe
Get Merked
james earl jones

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
Hey .44 thanks for picking up my slack, i have been meaning to re-post all this shit and see where we are at.

To add teams might want to have a back up player in case of some misfortune.

Also what do we think about team names?

I will edit my post later with my team.

skd_mrk

TD Admin
I'd say define time and dates of matches to create a roster of participants then let's work out some sort of team picking structure.

hadriel

A Little Darkly
Can we have 1-2 extras per team incase some can't participate certain days? Can probably get confirmation on a team of 5-7 by friday.

.44 caliber

TD Admin
work out logistics later guys, just wanna see how many ppl are actually interested. dont waste thread space for that. We can discuss important stuff in a new thread.

hadriel

A Little Darkly
work out logistics later guys, just wanna see how many ppl are actually interested. dont waste thread space for that. We can discuss important stuff in a new thread.

kk, well if we're just gauging interest I can easily bring in a team of 5 players who play once in a while with me on the server, all RL friends.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
i'm in, and yes i think there should be some ringers incase some people bail. i'd be happy to be part of that list because i don't know my schedule until a few nights before.

but i'm in!

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
I'm in, but time is an issue. I can only guarantee Weekends pretty much anytime or Weekdays after 10

skd_mrk

TD Admin
This is the reason we need to pick the day(s) of the week that the matches will be held first. We don't want to plan for 25 people then end up with conflicts all over the place. Alternates are all well and good, but since we're talking about a cash buy-in for this one we need to determine who is serious.

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
This is the reason we need to pick the day(s) of the week that the matches will be held first. We don't want to plan for 25 people then end up with conflicts all over the place. Alternates are all well and good, but since we're talking about a cash buy-in for this one we need to determine who is serious.

I don't see why it couldn't be done one day, i don't know if this still hold true, but brades said we could set up another server for the event. I think if we pick a Saturday around mid day, early evening we could get it done. IMO most people are available on Saturdays, and that is the only day also that i can commit all day, i work Sun. - Fri. 9 - 5ish.

edit: .44 sorry to shit in your head count thread, this stuff could be posted in the rules thread

hadriel

A Little Darkly
I don't see why it couldn't be done one day, i don't know if this still hold true, but brades said we could set up another server for the event. I think if we pick a Saturday around mid day, early evening we could get it done. IMO most people are available on Saturdays, and that is the only day also that i can commit all day, i work Sun. - Fri. 9 - 5ish.

edit: .44 sorry to shit in your head count thread, this stuff could be posted in the rules thread

Both ways could work. How many rounds/maps will be played per matchup and how many teams? The problem with one day is that as the team count goes up it's going to take a significant chunk of time. But then there's lots of scheduling issues with doing it over time too. That's why I think making bigger teams makes sense- it means there are less total teams which = less total time if we do 1 day, if it ends up being a tourney that happens over time there are more than 5 players per team so that when some are busy there are no issues with getting the matches in. And if everything goes perfect and all 7 or whatever the number show up, you can just switch out players inbetween maps or rounds (depending on how the rules will work). Plus there will be additional ringers available, if say, 3 of your members wont be able to play one night you can let a ringer know ahead of time.

As for me, I'm good with either format. I'm generally free weekday nights unless work is hectic and if were to get a day set on a weekend early enough I could make sure to not make plans then.

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
Both ways could work. How many rounds/maps will be played per matchup and how many teams? The problem with one day is that as the team count goes up it's going to take a significant chunk of time. But then there's lots of scheduling issues with doing it over time too. That's why I think making bigger teams makes sense- it means there are less total teams which = less total time if we do 1 day, if it ends up being a tourney that happens over time there are more than 5 players per team so that when some are busy there are no issues with getting the matches in. And if everything goes perfect and all 7 or whatever the number show up, you can just switch out players inbetween maps or rounds (depending on how the rules will work). Plus there will be additional ringers available, if say, 3 of your members wont be able to play one night you can let a ringer know ahead of time.

As for me, I'm good with either format. I'm generally free weekday nights unless work is hectic and if were to get a day set on a weekend early enough I could make sure to not make plans then.

A second day could be added if needed, but if we only have 4 - 6 teams there's no point

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
we can set up multiple servers for this if needed. so a 6 or 8 team tourney wouldn't even take that long. I would say it is better to do all games on one day with 3-3:30 hours dedicated to the event.

ill ring or fill a body for someones team depending on the day that is picked.

+1 TD cash tourneys :D
-1 cash on this one imo