*New* Scrim tourney rules

.44 caliber

TD Admin
*Decided rules so far:*

1) CAL rules (5v5, buy times, etc.)
2) 3 maps (de_cpl_mill, de_season, de_dust2)
3) Everyone uses the DARKLY mumble server
4) Event begins Friday 2/10/12 until Sunday 2/12/12 (it'll be over when its over)
5) Free-to-play
6) 10 minute window allowed to acquire a ringer during a match. Failure to do so within time frame results in a forfeit. If a ringer is required, consult the list I have made for you. All of these people can be reached through the Toronto Darkly steam group or someone's friend list.
7) Knife duels determine who gets to pick the side during round 1 and side/map for rounds 2&3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1) DE_DUST2

There are 2 groups. Group 1 and Group 2. There are 4 teams in each Group. Each team will play each other once within their Group. The wins , losses, Rounds for, and Rounds against will be tracked on a chart created by TD|Wh1te in a specific thread *here*. This chart will give you all a visual of where you stand throughout the round. Once all required games have taken place, the number of team wins will determine who moves on to the second round. In the result of a tie, # of Rounds for and # of Rounds against will determine the winner. After the initial match-up (which I make for you), you will need to organize your own matches with opposite teams. IT IS UP TO YOU TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED GAMES TO QUALIFY FOR SECOND ROUND. I suggest using the tournament section of the forums to do this. There will be two teams that progress to the second round from each Group. The other two teams are finished the tourney.

Round 1 initial match-ups are as follows:

Group 1

Rock Out With Your Glock Out
vs.
The Royal Veggies

Team Personality
vs.
Wet Dreams

Group 2

vs.
The Hosers

Hand_Job
vs.
Leroy's Pride (or until name is chosen)

*All games played in first round are on the map de_dust2!!*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 2) DE_DUST2, DE_SEASON, DE_CPL_MILL

At this point, four teams are left. As the setup chart shown *here* indicates, 1st place team from group 1 will play the second place team from group 2 and vice versa in a semi-final match. Each team will select a player to knife duel for map pick at the start of each game. The winner of the knife duel gets to pick side of map; or the map itself. The game will be scrimmed as normal. The winner of the semi-final matches will face-off in a final match conducted in the same fashion as the semi-finals.

hadriel

A Little Darkly
CAL or ESEA rules probably make the most sense.

As for maps, maybe a pool of 5? We could allow each team per scrim to ban 1 reducing it to only three. That way the teams only really have to practice 4 if they want, we get some more variety in the games and if there's a map one team really hates they don't have to worry about it.

Some of the best map picks imo:
-dust2
-nuke
-inferno
-train
-season
-mill

wh1te

TD Member
CAL since it has been around the longest and a majority of players know the rules and round time/money starts.

-dust2
-train
-mill

.44 caliber

TD Admin
AS I stated in other thread, Feb 17th being a bad time because of University reading week starting. Agree?

So if Brades can setup the scrim server for Feb 10th-12th three days should be enough to cover the prelims and finals no? Teams set their matches with other teams and meet? Results posted here on forums.

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
AS I stated in other thread, Feb 17th being a bad time because of University reading week starting. Agree?

So if Brades can setup the scrim server for Feb 10th-12th three days should be enough to cover the prelims and finals no? Teams set their matches with other teams and meet? Results posted here on forums.

brades is afk until Feb 16th. idk if he can set it up from the road or not

.44 caliber

TD Admin
Post your 5 man team in the Team thread

Deadline JANUARY 25TH

Sorry to rush this, but I don't want to waste valuable planning time with my new team. Lets get the ball rolling.