CS:GO NEW Chicago CSGO Server

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
We set up a NEW CSGO server in Chicago. The server is set to 128tick. We are trying to tweak and fix any issues right now. If everyone can try playing on this server and report and lag/choke or server related problem, it would be greatly appreciated as this would help us fix whatever is not working.

IP: 74.91.113.242:27015

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Well we're getting the same problem as TD when it comes to 128 tick. sv is unstable once the server has over 22-24 players, so I put it back to 64 for now. Options would be making it a 24 man server or find a fix to this 128tick crap.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I am not surprised in the least by that information Rex.

For years the different CS games have had their own issues that left players blaming the communities/admins, and the communities/admins blaming hosts/mods. When in reality is was piss poor support by valve.

Case and point, CS:S: We hosted on every single fucking host/ISP in Toronto/Ontario. It would all be nice and peachy, and then 6 months down the line server registry would decay to the point were the game seemed unplayable. OG buckshot jr remember this?

The sad truth is that Valve is NOT a good game developer(is good game developer a oxymoron?). Never has been. After all, there ability to produce and support games haven't made them rich, selling other peoples games have.

The world sucks. Fuck you Gabe.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...go_server_performance_a_plea_from_the_server/

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else on the forums, but it's relevant to this thread. Check it out.

Yes and this is why TD was running fine when CSGo launched and one day could no longer handle 128. Nothing was changed on the server side. It's all Valve.

The server get stuck on map change, that pretty much kills it. XD

I know. Not sure what is causing this Shotgun Jesus. We need to reupload the custom maps or some problem with workshop? Not sure. Shit kills the server unless one of us is there to manually change it.

I put the server back to 128 with a few "fixes" I'm trying out. I did set max players to 24 for the time being.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Yes and this is why TD was running fine when CSGo launched and one day could no longer handle 128. Nothing was changed on the server side. It's all Valve.

Yeah, I can clearly see this now. I know in the past I've compared TD's server to other servers, but you guys put to rest the idea that there was something wrong with the box a long time ago for me at least. I love CS, but I'm sick and fucking tired of all of these frame rate and network performance issues. The fact that you guys can't run the server on multiple cores is definitely part of the problem, but it seems to me that that doesn't tell the whole story.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Shotgun Jesus Server froze again after restart on first map change to de_toscan from de_dust2. Check the csgoserver script again, I had to copy the one from the test Idle and tried to config it back for the pub. I broke something earlier and the old csgoserver script had AIDS.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I restarted this morning. But the server was freezing on some map changes prior to me changing that file, so there may still be a problem we need to resolve.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Steve yes, I remember it well. We went through hell... thank God we had such a loyal player base. I remember e-mailing our IP out to players every time it changed lol

Game is bad, Source.

ranger24

A Little Darkly
I am not sure if this is possible but lets say the Toronto server is full and people are trying to connect is there a way the people trying to connect can get redirected to the Chicago server? That may make it so there is more people on it to test it.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I am not sure if this is possible but lets say the Toronto server is full and people are trying to connect is there a way the people trying to connect can get redirected to the Chicago server? That may make it so there is more people on it to test it.

This was available in 1.6 and maybe source. But to my knowledge, it is not available for csgo. I know I've looked for a plugin before and to no avail.
Just did a quick search now and this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2075412