Need help removing "Fire in the hole!"

iSeize

TD Admin
ok i am sick of hearing it, and i want it gone.

there are a few tricks ive tried and they dont work, because there is no folder in my cstrike directory that holds any radio command .wav's

I want it GONE!! i hope someone can help, or at least help me get something less annoying. apparantly theres a way to have it turned down to 1/4 volume.

Hawk-Eye

TD Member
lol just ignoreit LoL I never listen to CSS default sounds LoL.
when i play CSS only like a couple of things I notice:
1.minimap
2. who's talking

that is all LoL

Pyro

TD Admin
ask 47. i recall him going over this. actually i think he managed to replace the wav with something like a 'bleep' or something. buy maybe i'm mistaken.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
ok, so what u do is:

create a folder called "RADIO" in the following location:

C:\Steam\steamapps\adp187@yahoo.com\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound\RADIO

in that folder, create a notepad file and rename it to ct_fireinthehole.wav

DONE

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Google for GCFScape. Install it. Once installed, you can see files you're not supposed to access. Look for your sound file, (back it up somewhere else). Once backed up, remove it, and replace it with the sound of your choice in the correct file format.

DrUgZ

TD Admin
[quote1256050262=47]
ok, so what u do is:

DONE

[/quote1256050262]

BS!! no way that will do it! the game is not looking for a file in that location since it doesn't even exist so how would that ever work??

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
seriously guys, tooling around with your game might alert VAC. Also, don't we run a pure server?

Propaganda

TD Member
You guys are fucked. Download this and put it in

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\accountname\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound\radio

And no you won't get vacced

[br][file={e_FILE}public/1256083227_4_FT41053_ct_fireinthehole.zip]ct_fireinthehole.zip[/file]

And server is pure but this sound I allow because fire in the hole 50 times a round is gay

Propaganda

TD Member
Between people talking about pizza and fire in the hole I can't hear a fucking thing in the game, so at least I can eliminate one. I suggest everyone use this I don't see it as a hack or exploit, I see it as good sense, unless you enjoy hearing fire in the hole for the 50 millionth time.

iSeize

TD Admin
[quote1256092741=47]
ok, so what u do is:

DONE
[/quote1256092741]
already tried that when i was researching the problem. no go. didnt make sense anyway but it was worth a try...

iSeize

TD Admin
[quote1256093055=Propaganda]
Between people talking about pizza and fire in the hole I can't hear a fucking thing in the game, so at least I can eliminate one. I suggest everyone use this I don't see it as a hack or exploit, I see it as good sense, unless you enjoy hearing fire in the hole for the 50 millionth time.
[/quote1256093055]

exactly. i was trying to listen for people's footsteps and it was fuckin impossible because of so many nades being thrown.

your little trick didnt work, btw.