• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Music?

What do you guys think about music? do you think that lately music has changed and people have totally ruined the talent that used to be around? or do you think Kanye West Taylor Swift and Kings of Leon are the best? do you think that classic rock and Bluess and 60's pop was the real music? or do you think Modern rock and pop/hiphop is the real deal? and why?

my opinion?
classical music classic rock and blues is the real deal.. actually having the time to make a song with your own hands and brain while working on it 24 hours a day is something every musician should do. but no.. you got people like miley cyrus who just writes lyrics and people do the rest for her.. i mean.. lyrics and a good voice might do good for you.. but you also need the talent in making everything else.
oldies music FTW! :)

tell me what you think?

68cal

TD Member
i say technology gives us an oportunity to be lazy and allot of pop music nowadays is really genaric. It also creates lots of oportunitys for new creative paths not available before.

crojon

I'm New Here
nothing better when it comes to music than Mr. Jimmy Page/Hendrix shredding on their guitars. Today's music has lost all hope, before people made music because they loved it(and if they were good, got paid extremely well). Now...people make music for the money. The soul of music is dead.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
it seems to be easier then ever to record music, so i think there probably is a lot more out there, good and bad. pop music is ridiculous though, muchmusic was a lot better back in my day.

[quote1263684024=68cal]
i say technology gives us an oportunity to be lazy and allot of pop music nowadays is really genaric. It also creates lots of oportunitys for new creative paths not available before.
[/quote1263684024]
yeah but don't you think that time where Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton were playing was much better? i mean.. nowadays i can just tell my producer to make me a beat and i'll just do the lyrics and it's all done.. while Jimi Hendrix had to take days making his songs and mastering it then recording it HIMSELF then putting it out there. not only that but Eric Clapton and everybody at that time did it for the soul and for the fact of having fun and loving the Blues ;) not for the money and fame.

vinny paz

TD Admin
Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy (Hey, what up girl?)
got my glasses- I'm out the door - I'm gonna hit this city (Let's go)

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
hahahahah Brians loves that gay song.... the more I hear Brains playing the introduction the more I want to download it :| sadddd....

new music is shit for the most part... 60's-70's rock FTW

There is not one form of music that can be touted as "the real deal" because there are hacks in all forms of music, along with its innovators.

There is good music and bad, but it can't be divided by genre. I am no expert, but I draw from good experience that the parasite infesting modern art is access. Those who pursue artistic endeavors for the wrong reasons now have rapidly increasing access to the tools with which to create and publish. At the same time, there is the corporate hand pushing music into tinier and tinier boxes so that it can be sold easier and stolen less.

Music is a commodity, this ain't news. Since the first pressed record, music has been eroded by both its producers and consumers. Music, for many, is simply a shirt to wear or a look to have, and those people do more damage than Sony ever could. The artistic expression is constantly being trivialized by the people who claim to enjoy it.

What we hear on the radio (and why we hear it) is a by-product of what most people demand of their music: that it be simple, neatly packaged, fashionable and easy to recognize.

Everybody likes what they like, which validates any form of music with an audience. It's the subjectivist paradox that no one can escape, and in keeping with the mobius-like nature of these discussions I must acknowledge that I am back where I started and have thus stumbled upon the perfect place to end.

68cal

TD Member
[quote1263714511=Jimballs]
[quote1263684024=68cal]
[/quote1263684024]
yeah but don't you think that time where Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton were playing was much better? i mean.. nowadays i can just tell my producer to make me a beat and i'll just do the lyrics and it's all done.. while Jimi Hendrix had to take days making his songs and mastering it then recording it HIMSELF then putting it out there. not only that but Eric Clapton and everybody at that time did it for the soul and for the fact of having fun and loving the Blues ;) not for the money and fame.
[/quote1263714511]

Its true that most music in the public eye has gone downhill, but honestly, the music I have faith in most is electronic music these days. Since the skill is going towards the producers making the beat (Because the singers with the face on the cd cover dont usually have talent) I think that with a musical medium such as electronic music it gives a new breed of talent a place to practice and grow, creating new things all the time.

I'v just started listening to drum n bass music regularily about a year ago, and over this time I have seen countless new artists creating new material that is truly breathtaking.

but back to your point, Im a big fan of old artists from the rock and blues era, and I totally agree that the hard work that these artists have put in shows in the music, I just think that new kids growing up these days are finding new channels for their talent in computer programs and beat making machines.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
music we hear on the radio is what the majority want to here. i've been noticing a lot more electro making its way onto the radio, and also mashing rap/hip hop with electronic beats. not just plain r&b electronic produced beats. but more of the harder beats mixed with rap. if you know what i mean...

and you can't stop the evolution of music, especially in this day and age
(like keeripes said, access). so to say whoever changed the music from those examples doesn't make sense. the people change with the culture so the music changes.

music is primarily a way of expression, but now if you have a good bass line and treble melody cranked (together = mass stimulation) it will make people move, so who cares if it doesn't have words worth listening too, it will stay in their head.

bob dylan is my all time favourite buuut i'm also in love with the electronic scene. there is just sooo much music to choose from now!

ahhaaa, i didn't talk about Electro and techno and trance.. that is the ONLY i mean ONLY new modern music genre which i'm inlove with.. because like i said again.. most of the time people tend to do it all them selves and tend to make all the beats themselves.. my brother is a DJ himself.. he makes his own music.. and he's doing dark techno.. he's doing music production in UNI and later on i think he will be up there.. runs in the family ;) hahaha.. techno and electro is great.. alot of passion for that too i heard.