Map Rotation

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
Think this is my first post here but have been watching the board a little for a while.

I personally think we need to extend the time between repeating maps in a cycle. Currently I believe it is setup with a 5 map rotation before a played map can be renominated. We seem to play dust2 way to much, seems like every 6 or 7 maps. While it may be a classic it gets very old fast. I would also like to see us add a couple maps to the rotation if it is possible.

de_vegas_lite - it looks like you had this map at one point but got removed quickly or was not given a chance to be learned. Its a very good map for 32 person servers and once people play it more it will become a favorite. I hated the map at first until I learned it. Its also a 50/50 map

de_marauder - Not sure that I have seen this played on the history of the server. Its also one of my favorites its a very balanced map on servers i have played on i have never seen it higher than a 48/52 ratio and it swings both ways server pending.

knas_sandland_css - last one I gonna suggest but there are a few others I like. This is another one people will dislike at first but will grow on them as they play. Its also another 50/50 map no siding.

Thanks for reading see ya on the server,
Excalibur

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
ok after logging in i noticed there were more sections so this is in the wrong section, could this be moved the the cs section.

I apologize

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
I personally think we need to extend the time between repeating maps in a cycle. Currently I believe it is setup with a 5 map rotation before a played map can be renominated. We seem to play dust2 way to much, seems like every 6 or 7 maps. While it may be a classic it gets very old fast. I would also like to see us add a couple maps to the rotation if it is possible.

Yeah, we might have to change that. We shortened the number of maps that had to be played before a map could be nominated again back when we changed IPs and were having trouble getting the server full. That hasn't been the case the last few months so I guess we could change that.

KUSH

DARKLY Regular
the de_ abottabad? Seemed fine to me, it can't be any worse then secretcamp.....

skd_mrk

TD Admin
That's the one based on bin Laden right? When I was testing I got maybe in the 30fps range while a normal map including secretcamp its at least around 100fps for me.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
dont know the difference in 3rd_td and the non td version but it was a decent map. better than playing standard cs maps all day long

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
TD version has the spawn points a lot less cluttered. TD| buckshot jr fixed it.

Edit: And an added stairway down to the street from CT spawn.