Loosing faith in apple

Blitzkrieg

BANNED
Ever notice the changes with apple now that Steve jobs is dead. It's actually upsetting me. Commercials are different and so is the new Mac book pro. Thoughts?

adam::davis

2011 Troll of the Year
I don't really use mac..but nothing seems too unusual about ad campaigns changing nor the apple product line.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
When I was younger, I bought one cause I didnt know what else to spend my money on lol.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Yes, we get it guys. Apple computers don't play video games. I don't think anyone would argue that.

Moving on, yes the company is changing alot. From download-only OS upgrades to removing professional tools from FinalCutX. I have no idea what the fuck they are doing, but it seems to be toward Home/Mobile rather then hardcore users. Maybe They want to over take all the Windows users who want something simple.

The new laptop is fucking wicked, brilliant idea, design and the screen is amazing. If you're old enough to remember the TiBook and the buzz it created, this new Retina laptop has done the same.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Err, as an audio engineer, we kinda NEED mac... Soooo I see nothing wrong. :)

This^

The new commercials are funny shit, but it's clear they want the general population, not the Mac NuttJobs.

2011 Troll of the Year
Err, as an audio engineer, we kinda NEED mac... Soooo I see nothing wrong. :)

calling shenanigans on that - there may have been a point where you NEEDED mac but I'm fairly certain that's not the case anymore - PC software / hardware has gotten to the point where its just as good a platform to do audio work.

iCe

TD Admin
Macs are for hipsters and the "cool kids"

The only people that should have Macs are Musicians/Artists....

Other than for that they are shit and a waste of money.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Mac's use x86. The argument of needing a mac for music/video production makes me LOL. This isn't the year 2002.

*note* I own a macbook

mandy

TD Member
calling shenanigans on that - there may have been a point where you NEEDED mac but I'm fairly certain that's not the case anymore - PC software / hardware has gotten to the point where its just as good a platform to do audio work.

It's industry standard.

2011 Troll of the Year
Right, because at one point there was an advantage to using macs but that's long since over and the companies just stick with Mac's because well Macs have treated them well in the past. This is of course totally reasonable, Macs aren't bad computers and it's certainly not a bad idea to deck out a studio in them.

You may need a mac to fit in with existing studios because they didn't make the switch to supporting PC tech or they're just an all mac setup, I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but all I meant to say is that if someone is doing something like making their own home or professional studio there's no major advantage to getting a mac.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Adam is right, the lines are blurring on both sides.
Macs will continue to have a huge Artist and Musician base, while Windows will keep its Server and Gaming base.

For the everyday user it's all personal preference, nothing more. If you don't like it then don't use it :)

$alvador

TD Member
LOL yeah Fourbucks standard fsho. Google is making a powerplay for the top tech spot, here's hoping they knock Apple off :rockon:

TurboTaco

TD Admin
ya, i call bs on music peeps sayin macs are superior to PC for sound mixing/video editing.

Sorry, you can get the hardware and software for PCs nowadays that can do the same things a Mac can do.

Today, it's about preference; not because it's an 'industry standard'

sorry MANNNNNNDY

mandy

TD Member
I'll just smile and nod. How 'bout that? Go find me one producer out there that specifically says "I'd rather use PC cause it's better". Then I'll agree.