LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Steam)

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I've always been a fan of the Lego Video games and I was really set to like this one. I am pretty disappointed by the lack of care in the finishing development of this game.

The game is playable and really fun, up to a point, but there's a glitch. If you are one of those people that doesn't settle for 99.9% in a game, don't get this game for Steam.
In the game, there are tiny side missions called Stan Lee in Peril missions. Basically, you have to save his sorry ass from whatever he got himself into. There are 50 of them in total (15 from the story, 11 from the bonus Deadpool missions, and 24 around New York). The 23rd location you save Stan Lee from is from a balloon hanging above the circus. The 24th location is where you have to go back to the Helicarrier, go to Deadpool's room and destroy a box that's got him pinned. At that point, the glitch doesn't show up. It isn't until you replay a level or exit the game (and subsequently re-enter at any point) that it shows up.
After you go and save all 24, regardless of whether you exit the game or replay a story/bonus level, there will be an icon above the circus that says Stan Lee is still in peril. He isn't. It will say you are 1 gold brick short.

Case in point:
The first three screenshots show that he's supposed to be there, but he's not. It's the same place from different angles. The fourth one is the the screenshot that makes me cry ;-;
TQ7Hg9x.jpg
6JUa99M.jpg
ZbjV69F.jpg
UhAVfnE.jpg

This may seem minor, but I'm a person that when I buy a game, I want to be able to play ALL of it and complete it. Because of this glitch, I can't access an additional bonus level. I mean, I know in my head that I basically beat the game, but it's annoying not "having it down on paper."
I wouldn't have posted this, but I saw some people on my Steam Friends List that had this on their Wishlist and I figured I'd save people some money if they decide to skip it.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
People are more and more willing to play games in Alpha, let alone Beta. Lots of people expect a hell of a lot out of their escapist media. From comic geeks who spend all year salivating for the release of the latest Marvel movie and then spend 2 months ripping it for not licking their particular flavour of Geek AIDS sufficiently to gamers who played that one awesome game once that gave them a hard on and cry that the next game they played wasn't as specifically geared to their needs as the last one, it's pretty safe to conclude that some people just can't be satisfied by anything less than a rim job and a reach around.

Personally, I've played a few games that were in Alpha when I got them; Prison Architect and Towns being 2 examples. The lack of polish is what makes them fun; they are intrinsically flawed and not only do you get to compensate your play style to work within those flaws, but if you're not a complete shit stain, the Devs tend to appreciate your feedback and you get to have a hand in guiding them in how to fine tune the end result. Then, you can also leave the game for, say a year, and then come back to it and it's a completely new game; 2 for the price of 1 almost.

But, if you're one of those big babies who wants to "waaahhh Wahhhh waaaah" about how your diapers don't cover enough of your bum bum, there are plenty of internet forums out there to act as a nursery for you.

Because, Lord have Mercy a Game Developer doesn't suck the cock of the prick who pirates his software. (None of this ire is directed towards anyone here in particular, but I find it amusing how much people expect of movie makers and game developers when they give nothing in return; half of them not even bothering to give the retail price of the object in question, and expecting the World on a silver platter with Gold Plating if they do. If a game or movie is so imperfect, then don't buy the fucking thing. Blaming others for the fact that you didn't look before you leap is essentially putting a sign on your forehead that says "I'm Retarded" and making a whole lot of noise so that everyone takes notice.)

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Dude, this thread is nearly 2 years old. Please check the dates on topics before you post on them. It pushes the new stuff down.

Reactions: nb