Kodi (Formerly XBMC)

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet. Our forums and Wiki are bursting with knowledge and help for the new user right up to the application developer. We also have helpful Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Youtube pages.

Disclaimer: Kodi does not provide any media itself. Users must provide their own content or manually point Kodi to third party online services. The Kodi project does not provide any support for bootleg video content.

http://kodi.tv/

First download and Instal Kodi on your computer or on the device of your choice. Then go to http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-addons-kodi/ and follow the instructions to get all the good apps automatically installed on Kodi.

I've been using XBMC now Kodi for almost two years now, and you can pretty much watch everything on it for free with all the right apps.

amanshotme

TD Member
yeah want to make a tiny media streamer with a raspberry pi loaded with xbmc os, but too lazy to make dat order.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
yeah want to make a tiny media streamer with a raspberry pi loaded with xbmc os, but too lazy to make dat order.

I have it on my old macbook in the living room for the TV there, got it on my PC in the den, and have it on my ATV2 in the bedroom. Apparently Kodi is discontinuing all support of future releases for ATV2 so I may have to buy an android box for my bedroom.

can we ban LB for forum spam already? :wtf:

:gtfo: before I ban you for being worse than brains

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
thinking about building a ultra-SFF pc for my new tv. Would do a PI but want the extra storage for currently acquired blurays

not sure what to getz

MetalLobster

TD Admin
thinking about building a ultra-SFF pc for my new tv. Would do a PI but want the extra storage for currently acquired blurays

not sure what to getz

Raspberry Pi 2 was released not too long ago. If you're looking to make a tiny media PC, go for that.
can we ban LB for forum spam already? :wtf:

How is this forum spam?

MetalLobster

TD Admin
fuckin spammy adds man

Also it was sarcasm, not many people here get that o_O I guess it's just british humor?

You sound like an annoying little shit.

Vote for deportation initiated.

use kodi alot, it's awesome. just a bit unfortunate that some add-on creators are abandoning kodi in fear of it's rising popularity

That makes no sense. As a creator, isn't that a good thing?

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I used it on my mobile for awhile. Did good work for running on a 2 year old device.

A deportation is when they send someone back to their home country.