Just Wondering (Internet Speeds)

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
How much do you paying for it?
Pretty cheap, all things considered. $30 something. Not exactly sure until I get my next bill.

I was on shitty Rogers Express with 80GB, paying $48.99 or something. So last month I bitched at retentions and they gave me $30something (taxes included), bumped me to 350GB, and gave me the new Hitron modem with no rental charge (which just went into bridge mode anyway). They also lowered my cable shit and threw in a bunch of channels I will never watch.

I luckily talked to Steve in retentions who is legendary on Redflag Deals for giving out good deals.

radik

TD Member

That's average, Download fluctuates 0.50 Mb/s - 6.00 Mb/s. I often can't use it between 19:00-22:00.
Wireless internet can suck my dick.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
2621317198.png

What the fuck?

Doesn't Verizon operate the fastest internet connections available in North America, on the east coast with its FIOS?

Internet access

FiOS offers several service tiers that are available individually, but are offered at significant discounts when combined in a bundle. Although all current tiers are available nationwide, price varies between markets and some legacy tiers are available only in selected markets. The tiers are distinguished by data transmission speed measured in Mbit/s downstream and upstream. Five different offerings are available:[4]
  • 15/5 – available as individual or bundle tier.
  • 50/25 – available as individual or bundle tier.
  • 75/35 – available as individual or bundle tier.
  • 150/65 – available individually and with bundles in some markets; it requires a Gigabit router and GPON optical network terminal, which is only available in GPON deployed central offices.
  • 300/65;[5] Standalone only; requires a GPON optical network terminal as well as a gigabit broadband home router.

So close yet so, so far?

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
:wtf:

Wait what? So you don't have you're own wireless network with that bitching connection?

also:

2626087567.png

Not bad for shittier comcast($35 a month)

Where is you're Roger God now 47 ? I bet you pay a lot more then that.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Obviously I have wifi, but the connection is shit that far in the backyard. I only got this new connection in the middle of March.