• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Is Edward Snowden a Traitor or a Whistleblower?

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Shit about this guy is kinda dying down, but after he revealed Prism to the world, do you believe he is a traitor or a whistleblower?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I read update on it everyday, thank God for RSS :D

He's both, I thought that would be obvious. He isn't the first, and won't be the last. Law is law, mang, and until they change the laws regarding Treason and Constitution (what's left of it) to protect 'whistleblowers' (traitors, by law), things won't change.

Personally, I think that the public needs to know that the government is doing a mass surveillance. While I understand that in order for there to be security in people's lives, you need to give up some freedoms. However, the programs that Snowden leaked proved to be in secret, and thus people were under the impression that they weren't being surveyed until the leakage.

On the other hand, he did leak classified information which could potentially cause significant danger for the US, and the NSA. Now, I live in Canada, so I wouldn't know too much what's going on with Snowden, but it definitely depends on that way that you look at the situation. Is he a traitor cause he turned against the United States Government? Or is he a hero because he told the public what is being done to them. If you think about it, isn't the government elected by the people for the people....?

And I'm out. :yea:

I read update on it everyday, thank God for RSS :D

He's both, I thought that would be obvious. He isn't the first, and won't be the last. Law is law, mang, and until they change the laws regarding Treason and Constitution (what's left of it) to protect 'whistleblowers' (traitors, by law), things won't change.

Definitely, he is both.The public consensus needs to be taken into what should be done to Snowden. A lot of people consider him a hero, but also a criminal for what he has done.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Definitely, he is both.The public consensus needs to be taken into what should be done to Snowden. A lot of people consider him a hero, but also a criminal for what he has done.
The public concensus means nothing, and is nothing. If the US can get a hold of him, he'll be tried and punished for a very long time, if not life. Same will follow for wikileaks kid-soldier-guy-dude. They're done. Only chance is asylum in 1 of 1000 US-hating countries.

The public concensus means nothing, and is nothing. If the US can get a hold of him, he'll be tried and punished for a very long time, if not life. Same will follow for wikileaks kid-soldier-guy-dude. They're done. Only chance is asylum in 1 of 1000 US-hating countries.

I guess you're right. However, isn't the government elected BY the people? If the people's opinion no longer matters, is it really a free country then?

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Lol bj you think Canada is any different? wake up foo

And we are better than the people we are fighting.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
He's a traitor, but doesn't deserve a punishment nearly as harsh as the Wikileaks soldier.

Snowden only really told us what we all should already know existed.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Lol bj you think Canada is any different? wake up foo
No, I don't. I only mentioned the US because it's relevant to this article/topic of discussion. I like the people of the States, and I think most of the world does too. It's only the government that the people hate, and we know the government and the people are very different.

Zavine

DARKLY Regular
No, I don't. I only mentioned the US because it's relevant to this article/topic of discussion. I like the people of the States, and I think most of the world does too. It's only the government that the people hate, and we know the government and the people are very different.

I agree, the US Government is horrid.. needs to be reformed. the Republic of States United ! :awyeah:

iCe

TD Admin
US Government is better than the middle east/ Russia/ China/ North Korea/ and lets not forget about the Liberal Frenchies.

iCe

TD Admin
Snowden should be tortured now to see what info he gave up to the Russians and Chinese

Snowden should be tortured now to see what info he gave up to the Russians and Chinese

Meh, I like to think that there isn't really any war coming, like WW3. But maybe that's my ignorance of how I view the world. I'm that kind of guy who views the cup half full ^.^

So you're a liberal.
I guess so! You know, after all these wars that has happened, I feel like were just that more civilized than previously and were able to handle situations better instead of trying to instigate a war. We've grown more closer in the world, and I don't see any sort of wars (exceptions would be civil wars) , happening at all. I mean, hopefully, we've learnt from the past that NOTHING good comes out of wars other than to show whose the bigger man with the bigger gun.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
US Government is better than the middle east/ Russia/ China/ North Korea/ and lets not forget about the Liberal Frenchies.
You just named a bunch of countries who rule their people just like the US.. actually, probably not as bad as the people of the US are ruled. US Government is fucked up beyond repair, I feel bad for its people. Canadastan's government is not much better (RE:
sanaullah.jpg
)...

iCe

TD Admin
You just named a bunch of countries who rule their people just like the US.. actually, probably not as bad as the people of the US are ruled. US Government is fucked up beyond repair, I feel bad for its people. Canadastan's government is not much better (RE:
sanaullah.jpg
)...

Lol how do you get US government in worse... China its against the law if u dont keep up with family lol... French charge the rich 175% tax... North Korean ... i mean really? Why because the US government spies... hey they all do and its good. If Islam caught up to the 21st century then we wouldn't need to worry about paki terrorist.

The only people that have to worry are the ones that are guilty of doing something wrong. <- FACT

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
The only people that have to worry are the ones that are guilty of doing something wrong. <- FACT

Privacy is not about hiding bad things. Surveillance can inhibit lawful activities like free speech, free association, and other First Amendment rights essential for democracy.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/0...is-the-wrong-way-to-think-about-surveillance/

This is an excellent article on why ice's "fact" is wrong.

If the federal government had access to every email you’ve ever written and every phone call you’ve ever made, it’s almost certain that they could find something you’ve done which violates a provision in the 27,000 pages of federal statues or 10,000 administrative regulations. You probably do have something to hide, you just don’t know it yet.