• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

iPhone 4 or BlackBerry 9900?

Narf!

TD Admin
So, I'm starting a new job soon and will have to get a new phone (current phone is BB Bold and is a company phone).

First off, I am only considering these 2 phones and will not be considering Android of any kind no matter how many times you've jerked off them.

Secondly, I will NOT be waiting for iPhone 5 and quite frankly don't really care that much. These 2 phones do pretty much need it to do: phone, e-mail, some web browsing, maybe youtube here and there, and a pic/video cam.

Currently iPhone 4 seems to be the one: larger/nicer screen, more apps, cheaper ($99)

Here's my consideration for the BB: QWERTY keyboard (even though this will be a personal phone rather than work phone so the need for typing will be reduced) and tethering with my Playbook. But costs more ($199)

What do you think? Which would you get and why?

mandy

TD Member
I went through so many blackberries and I can honestly say the only thing I miss about it is BBM.... but we have text messaging....
Every other function on a blackberry is not even comparable to the amount of things you can do on an iPhone, plus apple has way more apps than blackberry.

just my 2 cents.

Narf!

TD Admin
I went through so many blackberries and I can honestly say the only thing I miss about it is BBM.... but we have text messaging....
Every other function on a blackberry is not even comparable to the amount of things you can do on an iPhone, plus apple has way more apps than blackberry.

just my 2 cents.

BBM is becoming obsolete with free cross-platform chat apps like: WhatsApp (which, I highly recommend btw)

auron

TD Admin
Go for blackberry dude!!! Wait, no, this isn't 1995.

Get the iPhone, but just wait two weeks for iPhone 5 to be out. Even if you don't get it, the iphone 4 will be cheaper.

cattra

TD Member
Depends, I say wait for the iphone 5 if thats your thing, then see if Samsung can get revenge

If not go for generic Android phone, I got just a simple LG Optimus One (since I got it free through work and my plan through Koodo is 1/2 price) and I'm happy with it.

Point is; No to blackberry, yes to iPhone / Android

Narf!

TD Admin
iPhone 4 for me is already enough. Powerful enough for what I do with my phone and small/thin enough. And for its price, to me outweighs the new hefty price and wait times for the iPhone 5.

As for Android and the Samsun/LG phones that carry it, I still don't think they're stable enough yet. For example, my buddy has a Samsung Galaxy S. It's hung on him multiple times, and while the display is bright/sharp, the battery life is shit. I don't need any bleeding edge phone technology, just need something that's stable and reliable.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Iphone buddy, I'm still waiting on them to drop the 5 so I can get a 4 at a reduced price... come on mother fuckers

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
lol
Narf - you're call man... if you want basic shit that'll last more than a day and won't break (think large, ever-so-vulnerable touchscreen as a whole front phone-face) if you drop it, go blackberry. If you said no to any of those, then go iPhone for basic smartphone, Android for full on Einstein smartphone.

Having been an android user for a long time now, they're stable as hell, but require more maintainence and yes, battery life (when compared to blackberry, not iphone) will be shit (lasting a 9-5 while heavy use).

iSeize

TD Admin
not a huge deal but im currently loving how non-iOS phones have universal charger ports. this makes finding a charger so easy that you dont even have to worry about battery life. Keep a charger at your computer, next to your bed, and at work, and you'll never worry about battery.

Narf!

TD Admin
It's a done deal. I got the 16gb white iPhone4 last night from Rogers for $50. It'll be arriving Monday or Tuesday.