Invert Scroll Wheel In Windows

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
As the title suggests, this thread will teach you how to invert your scroll wheel in Windows so it will behave in the same mannor as it does within Apple's OS X. It's a much more natural and intuitive way to use the scroll wheel, however it may not be for everyone.

Here's how to do it:

1 ) Open device manager and find your mouse:

mouse01.png

2 ) Double-click on it and locate the Hardware VID and PID #'s. Here's an example:
mouse02.png

So my hardware ID would be: VID_045 and PID_0040. Just remember those two numbers, write them down in notepad if you have to.

3 ) Open Registry Editor-> Hold the Windows Key and Press "R". Then type "regedit" and hit enter. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID. Here, you will find an entry with your Hardware VID and PID. Click on it, and on the right-hand side you'll see a value named "FlipFlopWheel". Double-click on that value.
mouse03.png

4 ) Change the value from "0" (default setting) to "1". Save, exit and reboot your computer. You'll now enjoy more natural scrolling :)

mouse_04.png

Cheers!

EDIT: I'm on my work PC, so I realize XP is dead and gone for most. I will update this thread tonight from my Win7 machine and note any differences, if any (most likely just semantics in menus, I presume).

$alvador

TD Member
this reminds me of configuring my joystick to play wolf 3d back in the day, invert axis by default made me rage