HOW TO SUGGEST MAPS FOR TORONTO DARKLY TO TAKE SERIOUSLY!!! :D

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
EXAMPLE!

Mapname (as it appears on the website and download):de_astramania
Maptype: bomb/defusal (can also be inferred from the mapname prefix 'de' or 'cs' etc.)
Spawnpoints: 64
Features/design: even gameplay, dusty environment
Community Feedback: 9.73/10 based on 6 voters
POST A PIC OR TWO OR THREE OF THE MAP HERE!
(***Please do not break the forum with pictures meant for a fuckin 51" television. If the image cannot be posted, then skip that image altogether, please).
Link to download the map: http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/download/162420Questions/Suggestions?ENJOY!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
No worries! I just thought I'd do this cause I know a lot of people are lazy and won't even google for a map. This way, they'll get the details/pics they need to give a more helpful piece of feedback, and that way, the server admins can take our suggestions more seriously and actually implement some good shit :D

Looks good.... you should add if they have actually played the map too... so that way ppl like me just can suggest cruddy maps

$alvador

TD Member
nobody ever takes map suggestions seriously. ever. one would need to throw a party with strippers and BBQ wings (honey garlic also) and a powerpoint presentation with pictures of tits as pie graphs to raise awareness about the existence of new maps for someone to maybe someday take a map suggestion seriously.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
nobody ever takes map suggestions seriously. ever. one would need to throw a party with strippers and BBQ wings (honey garlic also) and a powerpoint presentation with pictures of tits as pie graphs to raise awareness about the existence of new maps for someone to maybe someday take a map suggestion seriously.

D:

Lies all Lies!!!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ya you're full of shit. We went through a cycle of about 12+ maps just a few months ago, but a lot of them had issues. We continue to pursue good maps for the sake of avoiding repetitive gaming. If you DO have maps that, in your honest opinion, should make TD's rotation, then follow my guide and watch the magic happen.

skd_mrk

TD Admin
I will help get new maps uploaded if people make suggestions based on more than a couple screen shots. If a map interests you download it and play with bots to look for flaws.

It was just a pain in the ass going through and picking maps, testing them myself, uploading them, finding some guys to test with etc. I spent hours doing this last year and it got old.

$alvador

TD Member
Ya you're full of shit. We went through a cycle of about 12+ maps just a few months ago, but a lot of them had issues. We continue to pursue good maps for the sake of avoiding repetitive gaming. If you DO have maps that, in your honest opinion, should make TD's rotation, then follow my guide and watch the magic happen.

i'm not saying there's no custom maps it just seems like the ones currently on have been the same forever. whatever happened to prop's desert map with the missile bombsite? seemms like that just disappeared. speaking of disappearing might as well switch cpl fire out with any given map since i nominate it at least once every single time i play and if there's a blue moon and it actually gets voted most ppl can't stop complaining about it.

i'll nominate a map i want to see played but it's flown under the radar previously...

Mapname:de_newportbeach
Spawnpoints: 56
Features/design: it's a small map based around/in a house with a pool and a poolhouse where the Ts spawn, so everything is close quarters and rounds should go by fast, might be a nice change of pace from the usual stuff, kind of has a nightfever feel to it but more frantic because it's smaller.
Community Feedback: 9.22/10 based on 9 voters
Link to download the map: http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/4949 <<<<--- pix there too

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Wicked! Make a thread for that right now!
For cpl_fire -> ct-spawn is cramped and it kills people. I've been working on opening that up but I'm having trouble with radar, bitch won't work :@ !
The map you're talking about wasn't Prop's map, but was called de_scud - people cried cause B was easy for T's to rush, and CT's would just guard B and win and/or T's would fail hard at A.... one-way kind of map. Personally, I love it, so I'd like to see it back.

@ all - thanks for the feedback :D Let's get some cool maps people! :D

skd_mrk

TD Admin
We tried newport had some issues. He isn't talking about scud either...was it infedel or something like that?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Is he talking about desolate? I like that map :(
But only map with a rocket i can remember is scud.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
I think he's talking about scud, though it's not a Prop map, like BJ said. de_infedel was BJ's.

Prop:

de_alberta
de_desolate_rc1
de_dust_td
cs_hockey
de_outlaws