How does one get better in Comp mode?

pepper333

DARKLY Regular
In MM dont think about being bottom frag or top frag. Just play the game and try to support teammates as much as you can. Deathmatching can help alot if you need some aim practice. When i started playing i was changing my crosshair and sensitivity almost everyday, Stick with a sensitivity and Deammatch with it for a couple hours until you get used to it.

BOT Snake

TD Admin
In MM dont think about being bottom frag or top frag. Just play the game and try to support teammates as much as you can. Deathmatching can help alot if you need some aim practice. When i started playing i was changing my crosshair and sensitivity almost everyday, Stick with a sensitivity and Deammatch with it for a couple hours until you get used to it.

Welcome to the forums pepper333! Can you suggest a good DM server?

pepper333

DARKLY Regular
I like -abM DM's cause there is only 16 people max so you aren't dieing every 2 seconds. If you seem to be having trouble on those servers start out in a valve deathmatch so you can get used to the wierd spawns and stuff. Aim maps are also good if you want to shoot at range alot.

liqvid

DARKLY Regular
No one answered your question about how to review/watch one of you matches afterwards.
If you're playing on a normal server, open up the console and type:
record demo_name
When you quit the server, the recording will stop, but you can manually stop it yourself by typing "stop" in the console.
To watch a demo recorded like this, type the following into the console.
playdemo demo_name

Matchmaking matches have their demo's recorded automatically server-side, so there is no reason for you to record it yourself. These demos can be downloaded and watched from the in-game menu (no console required). After a Matchmaking game, click the "Watch" button in the main menu and select "Your Matches". From here, click the little down arrow on the right for the match you want to view and select Download. When complete, check the "Downloaded" tab, click the match you want to watch, and select either "Watch Demo" or "Watch Your Highlights".

"Watch your Highlights" mode will automatically skip through the demo and show you only parts where you either landed some hits or had hits land on you.
"Watch Demo" mode will play back the entire match as seen from the server's perspective. This mode gives you more control since it lets you view the demo from any player's perspective (you can switch perspective at any time) and lets you slow down/speed up the play speed (Press Shift+F2 to bring up the playback menu (You can do this during any demo playback type, but "Watch Your Highlights" mode will mostly ignore your requests)).

Hope that helps.

BOT Snake

TD Admin
I just got promoted to smfc, Snakey I can show you the world!

What's smfc???

No one answered your question about how to review/watch one of you matches afterwards.
If you're playing on a normal server, open up the console and type:
record demo_name
When you quit the server, the recording will stop, but you can manually stop it yourself by typing "stop" in the console.
To watch a demo recorded like this, type the following into the console.
playdemo demo_name

Matchmaking matches have their demo's recorded automatically server-side, so there is no reason for you to record it yourself. These demos can be downloaded and watched from the in-game menu (no console required). After a Matchmaking game, click the "Watch" button in the main menu and select "Your Matches". From here, click the little down arrow on the right for the match you want to view and select Download. When complete, check the "Downloaded" tab, click the match you want to watch, and select either "Watch Demo" or "Watch Your Highlights".

"Watch your Highlights" mode will automatically skip through the demo and show you only parts where you either landed some hits or had hits land on you.
"Watch Demo" mode will play back the entire match as seen from the server's perspective. This mode gives you more control since it lets you view the demo from any player's perspective (you can switch perspective at any time) and lets you slow down/speed up the play speed (Press Shift+F2 to bring up the playback menu (You can do this during any demo playback type, but "Watch Your Highlights" mode will mostly ignore your requests)).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the console tips! amanshotme told me about the MM demos too! Pretty neat!

MetalLobster

TD Admin
What's smfc???

Thanks for the console tips! amanshotme told me about the MM demos! Pretty neat!

It's the rank just below Global Elite
csgo_ranks.jpg