How does one get better in Comp mode?

BOT Snake

TD Admin
I've been playing a lot of competitive lately and is always getting rekt. I'm almost always bottom frag when I team up with the ppl I scrim with from Darkly. :why: (comp too hard)

Anyone know some resources I could watch? What's the secret to getting better aside from just playing comp constantly?

shoottomaim

BANNED
I've been playing a lot of competitive lately and is always getting rekt. I'm almost always bottom frag when I team up with the ppl I scrim with from Darkly. :why: (comp too hard)

Anyone know some resources I could watch? What's the secret to getting better aside from just playing comp constantly?

HAHAHHA EVEN I BEAT U but that's okay cuz u can contribute in ways besides ur kd
TBH I learn my strats from sparkles (YOUTUBE CSGO CHANNEL). ninja deefoose ftw
to get better, join deathmatch... VPP has a nice d2 deathmatch server.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Today wasn't exactly the best demonstration of the fruits of my labor, but I tend to play like shit (relatively speaking) if I don't keep up on the game constantly. In my opinion, playing DM is the best way to improve key aspects of your individual skill - particularly flick shooting, spray control, and tap shooting. Playing DM isn't some all encompassing way to improve your individual skill, but it does help to improve how you play in the aforementioned ways. And play DM fearlessly. It's the best way to warm up, in my opinion. Play DM for about an hour a day, and try to top frag every single game. And only use the AK. If you can master the spray pattern of the AK, you can master the spray pattern of the M4. I'd say that approximately 80% of my kills when playing are from controlled sprays of under 10 rounds. Master controlled spraying.

amanshotme

TD Member
Can't give you much advice since I think I am of a lower rank than you lol, but I can recommend that you go over your demos after matches. Figure out what you did right and what you did wrong. Also I wouldn't worry about kdr (unless you are really negative) so much as long as you can contribute to your team with good callouts and good smokes/flashes.

Macido

DARKLY Regular

I'm no pro-star but I find playing with the same people regularly helps.
Getting on the mic and being vocal, calling out spots for teammates quickly, actually knowing what the zones are known to be called. You need every advantage you can get.
I think your fragging skills, from what i'v seen, are possibly above your team play is all.
Never Rambo on your own if your alone or getting team rushed, money and life are far more valuable than a pub with 30 players and money mods on.
Knowing when not to buy, share guns with teammates who arn't doing well all edge out more wins.
These things don't sound fun but when your up 12 rounds it's vastly more rewarding

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Cause your P90 rush doesn't work in MM! :trollface:

Death match, video tips on youtube helps. There's lots more aspect to MM than just being the in the top frag.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Use a p90, go top of the table, every time. All the players with half-decent K/D's/Ranks I've seen in the last few days use p90's religiously.

BOT Snake

TD Admin
HAHAHHA EVEN I BEAT U but that's okay cuz u can contribute in ways besides ur kd
TBH I learn my strats from sparkles (YOUTUBE CSGO CHANNEL). ninja deefoose ftw

to get better, join deathmatch... VPP has a nice d2 deathmatch server.

lel Did that really happen? I don't remember you beating me. :P If so, then I'm really bad. :-(
You can't. Uninstall and play h1z1.

When is it going to be released? (so I can play with the non-CSGO peeps)

Can't give you much advice since I think I am of a lower rank than you lol, but I can recommend that you go over your demos after matches. Figure out what you did right and what you did wrong. Also I wouldn't worry about kdr (unless you are really negative) so much as long as you can contribute to your team with good callouts and good smokes/flashes.

How do you watch your demos after matches? I'll try to get to know the roles so that I pick one and practice.
Cause your P90 rush doesn't work in MM! :trollface:

Death match, video tips on youtube helps. There's lots more aspect to MM than just being the in the top frag.
It does sometimes! :P Also, I'm not trying to be top frag. I just want to contribute better to help my team win.

Use a p90, go top of the table, every time. All the players with half-decent K/D's/Ranks I've seen in the last few days use p90's religiously.
Can't. No table on most maps. lel

Freak

DARKLY Regular
Sometimes when I'm losing (either due to inadequate teammates or from excessive self-touching) I blast Arctic Monkeys and do the exact opposite of what my team wants to do. Works 9/10 times, and I usually get a 4k to boot.

Hotshot.exe

DARKLY Regular
I've played some comp with you and aiming is an issue, also minimap awareness is a really big one. You should always have a rough idea of where your enemies are at all times, rushing like a bum with a p90 doesn't work like it does on darkly server. If you wanna rank up, stick to dust 2, learn the crosshair placement for all the peak spots, makes aiming much easier. Learn smokes/flashes. Be weary of rotations and flanks. That's how I got to eagle master. *Flies away*

BOT Snake

TD Admin
I've played some comp with you and aiming is an issue, also minimap awareness is a really big one. You should always have a rough idea of where your enemies are at all times, rushing like a bum with a p90 doesn't work like it does on darkly server. If you wanna rank up, stick to dust 2, learn the crosshair placement for all the peak spots, makes aiming much easier. Learn smokes/flashes. Be weary of rotations and flanks. That's how I got to eagle master. *Flies away*

Yeah, playing with you guys has really been a learning experience for me. Even though my rank is double ak, I don't really play like one. Scrimming with people on a higher rank makes you play against people who are better than you which is hard because they aim so much better. They always out aim me :-(

shoottomaim

BANNED
Yeah, playing with you guys has really been a learning experience for me. Even though my rank is double ak, I don't really play like one. Scrimming with people on a higher rank makes you play against people who are better than you which is hard because they aim so much better. They always out aim me :-(

it's not about the aiming, aiming, aiming... you don't need to aim (ing), aiming, aiming, you just gotta play the bombbbbbbbbbbbb man, forget about the fragsssssssssssss man

Macido

DARKLY Regular
it's not about the aiming, aiming, aiming... you don't need to aim (ing), aiming, aiming, you just gotta play the bombbbbbbbbbbbb man, forget about the fragsssssssssssss man

I'm still trying to learn this kind of patience. I'm so tempted to peak and finish a 1v1 while defending a plant when i should be playing tag and let him chase till time runs out.