How do I get rid of the "Fire in the hole" sound?

Fourty7

A Little Darkly
solution

I am making a fix right now for you guys. I'll edit this post asap with the fix.

Making a fix like this is actually very simple. My path will be as follows (All tools free).

-Open "Counter Strike Source Shared.gcf" (Location, steamapps folder) with GCFscape or Crafty.
-Navigate to "counter-strike source shared.gcf\cstrike\sound\radio"
-Extract "ct_fireinhole.wav".
-Open "ct_fireinhole.wav" with GoldWave.
-In goldwave go to "Shape Volume" tool and put the line (2 points) to the bottom of the graph (0 volume).
-Save as "ct_fireinhole.wav" in "steamapps/<username>/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike/sound/radio".
-Create zip with pre-folderage.

Okay, so I did it while I was typing lmfao. Tested and it works fine. You don't need to use a script if you're only replacing an existing sound, only if you're using new filenames or multiple files (ie multiple gunshot sounds / footsteps).

EXTRACT TO CSTRIKE FOLDER!
(steamapps/<username>/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike)

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
I am making a fix right now for you guys. I'll edit this post asap with the fix.

Making a fix like this is actually very simple. My path will be as follows (All tools free).

-Open "Counter Strike Source Shared.gcf" (Location, steamapps folder) with GCFscape or Crafty.
-Navigate to "counter-strike source shared.gcf\cstrike\sound\radio"
-Extract "ct_fireinhole.wav".
-Open "ct_fireinhole.wav" with GoldWave.
-In goldwave go to "Shape Volume" tool and put the line (2 points) to the bottom of the graph (0 volume).
-Save as "ct_fireinhole.wav" in "steamapps/<username>/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike/sound/radio".
-Create zip with pre-folderage.

Okay, so I did it while I was typing lmfao. Tested and it works fine. You don't need to use a script if you're only replacing an existing sound, only if you're using new filenames or multiple files (ie multiple gunshot sounds / footsteps).

EXTRACT TO CSTRIKE FOLDER!
(steamapps/<username>/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike)

works ! thank u ! hope i dont get vac banned for this :D

Fourty7

A Little Darkly
lol never, and no worries man.

If a server is using the command "sv_pure 1" then you'll probably hear the stupid sound (Scrim servers, any servers with cevo commands, esea, etc)

iac

Future Ban List Occupant
i finally just experienced why this sound is annoying and needs to go... i cant hear the enemy when fags are throwing nades somewhere on the other side of the map.. it got me raped more than once...