• Welcome to DARKLY's Community Forums, Guest

If you're new around here, feel free to post a quick thread introducing yourself to the other community members.

HI

ogre_lady

Troll of the Year Nominee
Hi guys, it's ogre_lady!

I've been playing CS 1.6 for 5.5 years and I just recently got Source this last Christmas holiday. I like your servers and community. Holla!

wh1te

TD Member
Glad you finally converted from the terrible 1.6 lol. I would die for 1.3-1.5 back tho @_@

U have some decent aim, ever play CAL/cevo?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Welcome to the forums ogre lady, glad you found us. I played with you for a bit on the Vanilla server yesterday. See you in game! :)

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I hate to break it to you, but CSGO is going to be out shortly, so to catch you up

DE_AZTEC used to be popular
Radar use to be red dots on green background
errybody hax
You used to buy ammo (much like in the old days)
You can play as mexicans now, which is pretty rad.

Thats about it.

Welcome :)

ogre_lady

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! :) :) :)

Glad you finally converted from the terrible 1.6 lol. I would die for 1.3-1.5 back tho @_@

U have some decent aim, ever play CAL/cevo?
Yes, I've played CAL and (ahem) rung for a friend's team on CEVO-m. I adore everything about 1.6 except for the graphics, so Source is sort of like something that is both familiar and new to me.

I hate to break it to you, but CSGO is going to be out shortly
Yup, another reason I got Source during the sale. I've heard that it tries to mix some of 1.6 with Source but is still mostly Source, so I might as well get used to Source. :p

I knew you weren't new to CS, to many good shits last night. Welcome!
I never said I was new to CS, but Source is different enough from 1.6 to throw me off. I'm still not fluent with most of the maps (if not completely unfamiliar) and I don't know the proper placement of nades/flashes/smokes. Even the timing and bounce of the grenades are different. So much to learn! :D

wh1te

TD Member
Yes, I've played CAL and (ahem) rung for a friend's team on CEVO-m. I adore everything about 1.6 except for the graphics.

1.6 has 3 things I want in source: no fkn barrels/buckets/plants, grenades not hitting the corners of walls when aiming just to the side of them, and being able to shoot through anything and damage people.

Which cevo-m team O_o

ogre_lady

I also like the recoil, movement, and hitbox sizes in 1.6 better.

Don't really want to name the CEVO-m team but it was 4 years ago, they died that season due to people quitting so they got me to fill in under one of the guys' accounts.

wh1te

TD Member
I also like the recoil, movement, and hitbox sizes in 1.6 better.

Don't really want to name the CEVO-m team but it was 4 years ago, they died that season due to people quitting so they got me to fill in under one of the guys' accounts.

Recoil, ehnnnnn a lil. But the zoom-in delay on AWP was the thing that put it over the top and made me change.

4 years ago is a while back, yet keeping the name secret? :P

Meh, see you in game.

*edit* 1337th post.. yea i went there :o