• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Hey Ontario

swan

DARKLY Regular
go and vote today.
don't give me that "it doesn't matter... every party is the same..."
BULLSHIT.
do you have an opinion on:
- healthcare?
- education?
- arts funding?
- having a job?
- taxes?
- marijuana legalization?
- ANYTHING?
good. so do they. AND IT'S NOT ALL THE SAME ONE.
these people will make decisions that affect us on a daily basis.

get off your ass for 10 minutes and vote.
actually, you don't even have to get off your ass BECAUSE YOU CAN VOTE ONLINE. (apparently that was only for early voting registration)

but still... if you don't vote, you're just an asshole.

Bladeswinga

I'm New Here
I understand voting's important, but why the intense zealotry about it? I see it everywhere.

Then again, I'm Dutch, ergo not allowed to vote (not a Canadian citizen), ergo may have a more removed view on this sort of thing.
:shrug:
Not saying don't vote, but I wouldn't go so far as to say non-voters are assholes.

swan

DARKLY Regular
Not saying don't vote, but I wouldn't go so far as to say non-voters are assholes.

i would. Canada barely gets a 60% voter turnout. we have a majority government fucking everyone up because 20% of the country's population voted for them and everyone else didn't show up. it's a major problem here.

Bladeswinga

I'm New Here
I live in Canada, but can't vote for the reasons I posted earlier. I didn't know that statistic before, interesting. If it gets Harper out, then I can understand the seemingly nation wide zealotry. He's too American for this country, I only hope the damage can be rectified...

swan

DARKLY Regular
I live in Alberta, and I am damn good and ready to shut off your oil, you fucking hippies.

that's fine. i live in guelph, which happens to have the largest solar manufacturing plant in the country. the sun's gonna last a lot longer than fossil fuels.

Bladeswinga

I'm New Here
I live by the rule that "People who don't vote, don't get to bitch about the Party in power"
What about those who can't vote? Does that mean I can't voice disdain over the majority government Harper has been running the last few years?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I didn't vote because of the same reason every year - the shit is fixed. This election, like the many before it, pitted two complete idiots before me and asked me to choose. It's absolutely pathetic, and shameful. Fuck this place, can't wait to leave.

I can vote I simply choose not too. I see politics as a waste of time. You break it down its just people fighting for what they think is best for the country but nothing ever gets resolved.