• Welcome to DARKLY's Community Forums, Guest

If you're new around here, feel free to post a quick thread introducing yourself to the other community members.

Hey everyone!

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Hello Darkly members! My name is Steve (Stan Radner is just a name I use for gaming) and I'm new here!

How do I start this off? Hmm...Well I live in Pennsylvania and I'm 20 years old. I absolutely love computers! I am currently going to college (second year) for 3D Modeling & Animations, Video Game Design, Programming, Web Design, and Sound & Video Editing. Phew! Sounds like a lot, right? It is but I really enjoy it. The work we are assigned is fun so I usually go through it pretty fast. I'm somewhat artistically gifted...I think. I've uploaded a screenshot of a recent model I created using a program known as Blender (really powerful program and it's free) if you're wondering what kind of stuff I do. I use many other programs such as Bryce, 3DS Max, UDK, and etc. Although I have never really tried to use Source Filmmaker...I guess I should try it out when I feel like downloading it.

I also like to workout. Why? Because I'm sort of a health nut and it's a great way to stay in shape! (Family Guy reference there!) I workout about 4-5 days a week and my lifting sessions generally last around 2 hours...except for leg day which tends to go for about an hour or an hour and a half. I've also done Varsity Track & Field (long distance runner usually 400m, 400m Relay, and the mile...my mile time being 5:21:13) for 6 years, Varsity Indoor Track & Field for 4 years, Varsity Cross Country (best 5k time being 17:41) for 4 years, and I did some wrestling outside of my high school for about a year.

I'm also a music lover. My favorite bands being Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Tool, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Megadeath, etc. I look up to a lot of musical artists because of their achievements and struggles...people such as Brian Hugh Warner (Marilyn Manson), David Draiman (lead singer for Disturbed), Fred Durst (lead singer for Limp Bizkit), and Kirk Hammet (lead guitarist for Metallica). If you're wondering why I like Marilyn Manson, despite it's alternative rock/shock rock genre, is because the music has messages in it about society, views on religion, etc. Manson challenges our concept of reality with obscure lyrics and grotesque music videos which is what really interests me...Tool also provides the same effect although I find them to be more of a Psychedelic Rock band (my favorite songs by them being Schism, Sober, and Vicarious). Is anyone a fan of the bands I listed above? Just wondering if anyone else enjoys that type of music.

Music is also what inspired me to form my own band. It's a fun experience and the local shows that we play have been starting to bring full houses to wherever we are dated to play at (I would have to say maybe around 60-70 people showing up to our shows). My band is more of an Alternative Rock, Psychedelic Rock, and Shock Rock genre band...encompassing the main styles of the bands I had mentioned earlier and bringing it into one unique sound. I'm the lead singer by the way since I forgot to mention it. Do I want my band to get signed by a record company? Hell yeah! But we haven't generated enough attention locally and by the media to attain that yet...but we're trying! We've actually been invited to play a benefit concert this summer with about 12 other bands from around Pennsylvania that generates a really large amount of attending people.

I'm a very outgoing person as you can probably notice from how open I've been so far. You're all welcome to send me a friend invite on Steam and chat me up about anything. I love a good conversation! Anyway, I just though I'd introduce myself a little to the Darkly community.

Oh, and here's the screenshot of some of the work I do in college. Steven Monsters Inc Preview.jpg

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Quite a lengthy introduction.
You do like 20x more shit in your life than I do, why the hell do you hang around here?

You've been here a while now but welcome to the forums either way :)

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Quite a lengthy introduction.
You do like 20x more shit in your life than I do, why the hell do you hang around here?

You've been here a while now but welcome to the forums either way :)

Thanks! I felt like people should know the general information about me instead of just saying "Hello" and leaving it at that. I choose to hang around the forums (mostly the TF2 trade servers) because the community is great. I haven't really been posting/replying much on the forums but I love to go through the different topics and see what's going on. I've met a lot of people who I consider to be pretty awesome!

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Nice intro! I too enjoy working with Blender, but the local colleges don't offer courses in 3D Modeling :feelscry:

You mentioned your music to me a couple days ago. That's so cool! Best of luck with that!

Oh yeah, and welcome to Darkly! :D

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Schism is best Tool.
Also, rip Dimebag (I'm going to assume you know what I'm talking about and hope I don't look like an idiot).
Programming for the win.
Does your band do original music, or covers?
Big metal fan. \m/

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Nice intro! I too enjoy working with Blender, but the local colleges don't offer courses in 3D Modeling :feelscry:

You mentioned your music to me a couple days ago. That's so cool! Best of luck with that!

Oh yeah, and welcome to Darkly! :D

Thanks man!

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Schism is best Tool.
Also, rip Dimebag (I'm going to assume you know what I'm talking about and hope I don't look like an idiot).
Programming for the win.
Does your band do original music, or covers?
Big metal fan. \m/

Schism is an amazing song!
And it sucks that we no longer have Dimebag :( But that sick bastard who killed him got what he deserved! (excuse the language)
My band started out doing covers of popular songs like Bodies by Drowning Pool, Headstrong by Trapt, The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson, Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson, The Night by Disturbed...until people started noticing us. Then we started playing our own songs. It honestly didn't take that long for people to start liking our own music.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Before anyone else gets to it, one of the unspoken rules is compress your posts. Just a headsup =)

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I mean don't reply multiple times in a row to the same topic.
Instead of replying to each person in a new post, reply to one, quote the next person, reply to them, quote the next person, reply to them, so on and so on, in the same post.

Richard Matthias

DARKLY Regular
What do you mean?

Most people aren't very fond of multi-posting, there is an 'edit' button on the bottom left hand side of your post that allows you to archive all notifications. If you then hit the ~reply button, you will be able to answer all new incoming quotes.

By doing this, all replies will be stored into one, neat, singular post :)