• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Have you seen this?

$alvador

TD Member
this talk broke my fucking mind for real.

just the gravity of all the shit they're talking about, compounding and coming together right now into this epic clusterfuck of a situation. i'm sure we all know bits and pieces of the puzzle but hearing all this being talked about in one convo is seriously mindfucking. check it out

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Haven't seen it, but Shane Smith is such a good guest on JRE. Does Redban ruin this? I wish Joe got another producer.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Will definitely have a listen tonight. Can someone give a very brief synopsis without spoiling it? I'm very interested... Thanks!

$alvador

TD Member
yea the last hour is kind of a struggle as Shane and Redban are drunk and stoned and just losing focus, but the first half is insane. they talk about the Crimea situation and about how the melting ice in the arctic is leading to a race for resources between Russia, Canada and the U.S., also some talk about the NSA spying, Shane fucks up the Bitcoin/SR facts but it's not really a big deal, there's a lot of talk about basically how the environment is being maxed by human endeavours and how the scientific community already knows we are fucked and it's just a matter of whether some countries run out of water and food in a decade or if it's possible to stall the shitstorm for longer with technology. I mean it's just bits and pieces we've already heard about but to hear it all together like this it's just like a crazy moment of realization when it dawns on you that humanity is seriously, desperately fucked and we have a bunch of people who realize the need for change but the political show is all run by people who just want to maintain the status quo and ride this bitch til the wheels fall off (which, by the climate scientist predictions, could be coming in less than 20 years)

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
yea the last hour is kind of a struggle as Shane and Redban are drunk and stoned and just losing focus, but the first half is insane. they talk about the Crimea situation and about how the melting ice in the arctic is leading to a race for resources between Russia, Canada and the U.S., also some talk about the NSA spying, Shane fucks up the Bitcoin/SR facts but it's not really a big deal, there's a lot of talk about basically how the environment is being maxed by human endeavours and how the scientific community already knows we are fucked and it's just a matter of whether some countries run out of water and food in a decade or if it's possible to stall the shitstorm for longer with technology. I mean it's just bits and pieces we've already heard about but to hear it all together like this it's just like a crazy moment of realization when it dawns on you that humanity is seriously, desperately fucked and we have a bunch of people who realize the need for change but the political show is all run by people who just want to maintain the status quo and ride this bitch til the wheels fall off (which, by the climate scientist predictions, could be coming in less than 20 years)

Thank you. With respect to how desperately fucked we are, I've read some really interesting articles on geoengineering: putting mirrors in orbit to reflect more sunlight back into space; introducing sulpher particles in the stratosphere to do much of the same etc. The ramifications are not yet known, hence the overlying concern, but the thoughts are out there. We are absolutely fucked, it's sad to realize for sure..

Can't wait to hear this! Working from home today, I'll stream an hour over my lunch. Thanks for the link!

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
newfound respect for Joe when he was interviewing NDT and knew just to shut up and let the man speak.