• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

haha started building my car after the accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

3xtr3m3

TD Member
Found a new home for my wrx parts. The rear frame got bent and lifted after the accident. I don't have $7000 to pay body shop to fix it so cheap way; DIY (Do it yourself)

Shell + rear bumoer = $750
Rear trunk lid =$150
Painting Don't know yet

I don't know how long this will take me. Working full time and shorter days are a big down on this project.

First day i stripped the interior, today i almost finished drive train.

Next will be rest of the drive train and engine removal :))

Took some pics :

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

Hinouchi

TD Admin
WoW that's one big ass project, good luck with that, hope you know how to put those back together. =P haha

Fork Included

TD Admin
i tried and ultimatly failed (thank god not at a loss) the same thing with a 1983 Porsche 944

the putting shit back together and making it work is a BBIITCCCCHHHH

(i got it to work but then the engine turned out to need heavy work and the rear bearings were shot, yada yada i just got rid of it)

Fork Included

TD Admin
Ohh and Extreme,

one word of advice, from what i understand you're going to be swaing your old silver parts into the blue frame

since you have the blue frame in the condition that it is in, i would (if you could afford it) seam-weld the entire frame, and then paint that biatch before throwing junk back inside...

its overkill but if you ever decide to race it competetabily that will be some serious chassis reinforcement right there.

fucking epic spelling failure.. fuck it.

3xtr3m3

TD Member
[quote1256866147=Fork Included]
Ohh and Extreme,

one word of advice, from what i understand you're going to be swaing your old silver parts into the blue frame

since you have the blue frame in the condition that it is in, i would (if you could afford it) seam-weld the entire frame, and then paint that biatch before throwing junk back inside...

its overkill but if you ever decide to race it competetabily that will be some serious chassis reinforcement right there.

fucking epic spelling failure.. fuck it.
[/quote1256866147]

I am going to do sound deadening and under coating before i put the parts in. If i had a welding machine i could do seam welding since i have welding experience from before. I will check with couple friends if they could find me a portable one :)

My powertrain and drivetrain works fine. I just have to put everything back together properly.

Joker

TD Member
Awesome dude! You gotta have some balls or experience to take on that project; good luck and let us know how it turns out.

B.From.Acc

TD Admin
wow, what a big undertaking, good luck.. the reward of getting it all back together again would be pretty satisfying. since i don't even know how to take a dash apart.

Ba Chicka Wa Wa

TD Member
Can we start a TD poll with a prize for a guess on how many parts and screws will be left over when he puts it back together?

........hmmmmmmmmm where were these supposed to go?

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
That's a wholllle lot of wiring... damn... I would just wrap the wires around my neck and end it before having to deal with all that shit lol

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
That's awesome that you chose to rebuild.

My ex-biatch burned my toyota pu to the ground in my driveway. the only thing that was salvageable was the engine. I acquired another body and rebuilt that shit. it wasn't so easy but in the end i had that rig for another 4 yrs. and with all the mods i did, it was a badd mutha. to date it was my favorite rig. Wiring is a bitch but it's really easy. take your old harness and just plug and go. make sure you use all the old ecu and engine and it will all be compatible. Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.