Google Phone - Buy it?

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Gonna be in Hong Kong for a week n a half during February. One of the few countries Google is selling their new phone at. Should I buy it or is it worth waiting for?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
The new mobile carrier in Canada. And the only one in Canada that the Nexus One's 3G is compatible with (AWS - 1700mhz).

The Nexus One on Rogers, etc... will only allow you to use EDGE for data. You can still use your current SIM, but data transfer will be stuck on 2G slow shit. And for a phone built to be connected to the net 24/7, buying just doesn't make sense if you're not on WIND.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Meh, it's got nice hardware and I would totally give up my iPhone for it but it's not going to work with the Rogers network so fuck them.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
[quote1262929178=TurboTaco]
maybe i'll wait til Nexus v.2 comes out...first gen stuff always is buggy
[/quote1262929178]

There will be a CDMA version in Spring.

68cal

TD Member
I have an iphone, one problem with iphone is sometimes it randomly freezes... permanantly.

Other than that what makes the google phone better than the others?

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
[quote1262934468=68cal]
I have an iphone, one problem with iphone is sometimes it randomly freezes... permanantly.

Other than that what makes the google phone better than the others?
[/quote1262934468]

Nothing really. I would prefer my iPhone, but I've been looking to say fuck you to Rogers for years. So I'll grb a Nexus One and go on WIND. If Apple makes a AWS iPhone this year I'll switch back to that.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
cellphone = brain tumor

be like 47 and live in a cave !