GameBooster

Being a stoner my expenses lead me astray from upgrading my PC components. However lucky people have the same problem and figure out ways to get most out of you're garbage system or even more from a good system. I find this program helps a lot for freeing up my RAM as it disables all unnessary programs (temporarly) while I'm gaming, and actually gives me a 10-20 FPS boost. I am using this on XP but I am assuming you could free more RAM on windows 7 or vista because they have more services in those OS'.

Anyways check it out here: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

BTW: there is a FREE version which I use and works perfectly, or you can buy a premium version, which I havent tried but apparently it has more features.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Sounds good! Personally, when I used to game on either my laptop, or old PC, I just ran css in DirectX 8.0 and it worked WONDERS!

Edit: Apparently KAC (Anti-cheat client) banned DX 8, so use DX 8.1 - verified by Shotgun Jesus to work at the current time.

Here's a link to optimizing cs:s I wrote a while ago, maybe you'll find some of it helpful. Cheers!

ahhhhhh nevermind, I guess someone's been cleaning out old threads forums...

Either way, I'll just write it quick:

1 ) Start Steam
2 ) In your "Library", right-click on CS:S -> Click "Properties"
3 ) Find "Launch Options" and click it
4 ) A small text box will open up for you to type in, enter this exactly:

-dxlevel 81

5 ) Close the Launch Options and launch CS:S. Enjoy :D

**You can always remove this command if you don't like the effects.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
[quote1293678934=SiR-dreK]
dxlevel 80 was illegal in cal 81 wasn't. Just Saying.
[/quote1293678934]
He's right, 8.1 is safe, and it's what I have my shit set to. I could have sworn I read somewhere that KAC didn't allow for 8.0 hmmm.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
cal was full of hackers, and cal means fuck all in terms of rules, just sayin :D fuck cal.

Anyway, ok, go with 8.1 (I've played with 8.0 under KAC, but that was a while ago, so it might be banned now. I'll edit for 8.1.

Thanks all! :D

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1293733436=DrUgZ]
<-- Bread maker here. IT'S GOT 3 SPEEDS!!!
[/quote1293733436]

hahahahahahahahaha made my morning Jay, REspect!