Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

DatGuy

TD Member
I'm going to a Master Class with GRRM on tuesday at the TIFF lightbox here in Toronto...should be AWESOME!

DatGuy

TD Member
Season 2 should be awesome, Clash of Kings is a great book, lets hope it translates to the screen well. There are some epic moments.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Was just at the TIFF for the GoT exhibit, pretty cool stuff there for free. GRRM is doing book signings at Indigo tmr from 7pm

DatGuy

TD Member
Was just at the TIFF for the GoT exhibit, pretty cool stuff there for free. GRRM is doing book signings at Indigo tmr from 7pm

I'll be at his master class tomorrow morning at TIFF, going to try and get my copy of Dance with Dragons signed then

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Fuck me I can't wait to see this. I'm on book 4 now. The series is feckin amazing. Anybody who hasn't read the second book will be mindfucked to shit a whole lot, kinda like in season 1. AND THEN THERE WILL BE SEASON 3. Eventually.

Kinda, and kinda not really. Things get a bit more interesting in Book 2, but there's a lot of head scratching "What the fuck?" moments I got out of book 2.

Book 5 is pretty bitching. Book 4 is alright as well, though 3 and 4 were the slowest of the books in my opinion.

There were a few story twists I really didn't like, and a few that made me wonder if George was doing things on a dare or worried about getting sued or he lost a bet or something, but meh. Not my story to fuck up. :P

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
At the risk of pulling a spoiler, I think 2 story lines in particular shit the bed something fierce over the course of the 5 books, namely Arya's and Daenaerys's.

That being said, they were still epic books. I murdered the first four in 8 days. 4000+ pages in 8 days is pretty beast, thus gripping content. I find the interest level tapered off as the story wore on though. Few storylines continued to stay interesting to me, save a few which I can't really mention without blowing a premature nut for all of you who haven't read it yet.

wh1te

TD Member
4000+ pages in 8 days

geeks,internet,nerd,south,park-d402ed05b757f32a0128b29d6c294898_h.jpg

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
No, I am surprisingly thin for my slowing metabolism. I will have that Jean Luc Picard hair in about 10 years though, I'm sure.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
I'm worried the first episode is going to be one of those "Let's introduce you to all the new characters" things where nothing serious actually happens.

DatGuy

TD Member
I'm worried the first episode is going to be one of those "Let's introduce you to all the new characters" things where nothing serious actually happens.

well since its based on the books, my guess is that its going to follow the story of the books. But what do I know besides logic.