Funny shit that happens in Toronto #2

Rage

A Little Darkly
For those of you that missed it, a crab took place that i middle-manned within the last 5 minutes. A HOUWAR vs 2 Unusual Modest Piles. The HOUWAR lost. Phearaphex was the winner.

That was fun to watch. :trollface:
Phear is now even richer than I thought he was two days ago.

ChubbyChaser

A Little Darkly
9:32 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: hey
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: hi
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: you added me
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: ?
9:35 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: yessir
9:35 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: are you lucky
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: ?
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: what do you mean
9:35 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: did you happen to win a HOUWAR
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: i did
9:35 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: about 4 hours ago
9:36 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: so your lucky huh ;D
9:36 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: for that moment i was
9:36 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: alright, do you still have it
9:36 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: i do
9:36 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: http://steamcommunity.com/id/phearaphex/inventory/#440_2_1528979724
9:37 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: ok, well im going to come out and say it, ill just get to the point :P
9:37 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: sure
9:39 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: You won the spycrab off this guy here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GyroVolve/ He is a really good friend of mine who really did well in TF2 trading. His account was hijacked and he got trade banned. He was recently unbanned around a month ago and we were talking the whole time he was banned. His plan to start over, and to get a HOUWAR...his dream hat. He was always a gambler, and sometimes very lucky. He spent about a year saving up for a HOUWAR, sold it for an unusual which was very hard to sell, then eventually got squishy over there. He was leading a carrer in trading untill he spycrabbed again. (not smart of him)
9:40 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: He came to me saying how he is retired, and he is through with trading, he lost his best TF2 item friend idklol. Getting down to the point, again, me being a good friend, anyway you can find it in your heart to possibly trade it back to him? I 100% understand if otherwise, you won it fair and square, just worth a shot on my end :3
9:41 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
9:43 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: I will keep all of this in mind and think about what you are proposing
9:43 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: Alright, thanks for being a good guy :)
9:43 PM - DARKLY | PhearAphex: keep me friended
9:43 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: Judging by past experiences, people would normally shove off things like this
9:43 PM - =[pG]=™ Root Beer: no problem
Wow is that ever a mouthful, I wonder if his hands hurt after typing all that :o

Regal Waffle

TF2 Admin
what do you mean??
My point is that a player with a caution tag has as little significance in the ability to alter market prices as everyone else: his/her single vote is as "powerful" as any other players, upon which there can be well over a thousand on a single price suggestion; as we have already established, the vote of a player is relatively worthless seeing as the deciding factors to a price change is based upon the admin overseeing it; the players voting and the admins deciding upon a price suggestion made by a player with a caution flag are impartial compared to that made by a player without such a flag, thus the outcome of the price suggestion is no different than if that player was not flagged.

The prices being influenced and decided upon by "certain individuals" is exactly the same function as how the original Spreadsheet worked. Accusing them of being "rigged and raised" is completely different. Rigging suggests fraudulent activity with the intent of personal gain. I wholeheartedly agree that the priced on backpack.tf are heavily influenced, if not based solely on the opinion and deciding factors of certain individuals. And there hasn't been any conclusive evidence, at least none that I have seen, that proves this to be true of the backpack.tf admins, else we would be in a similar situation as that of the original Spreadsheet, in which the same accusation was made with highly suggestive yet not conclusive evidence and the corresponding gaming community threw up in uproar.

I think that such a "confession" holds no volume without any meaning to back it. It certainly does hold significance, but his/her intentions and reasoning behind such a theory might be just as improper as the admins whom he is accusing. Of course, I'm sure confidentiality may be an issue with such an argument, it being understandable why he/she would wish to remain anonymous. But if you believe that the system is flawed, that some admins are not approving the suggestions properly (both of which I agree), and that the denial of this recent price suggestion is one of these improperly judges suggestions, then I'm deducing that you believe that the judgement made by the admin for this particular suggestion, Sir J-j-jon [Warrior of Redwall], is improper. And I'm asking you to explain why.

Of course, I'd like to make it clear that these premises I'm presenting are solely to judge the meaning behind the price suggestion in question. In no way do I intend to be irritable, argumentive, or hostile; my apologies if I appear that way. In questioning your argument I'm also questioning mine in trying to establish a conclusion here. This is just my method of evaluating the two.
Speaking from experience, the most effective way to make money in TF2 is to trade unusuals 1:1 upwards - Waffle's method of selling them and buying a new one works too, though people are more flexible in price difference when paying with unusuals because the price of an unusual is worth what people are willing to pay for it and isn't strictly fixed like currency. Doing this does require a decent knowledge and experience of unusual trading - knowing what people are willing to pay for certain effects, how hats are valued, etc. That said, you can still do a fine job just looking at various price guides as you trade. The best price guides for unusuals are NOT spreadsheets, they're seasoned unusual traders - if you don't have much experience in unusual trading but want to get into it, hang around on some unusual servers and get some traders on your friends list. Then, when you have a pending trade, ask them what their thoughts are. Most people will be happy to provide their input and it's an incredibly effective way to make profit. Doing this does require patience and the lack of panic (panicking when you start having a hard time getting rid of an unusual you've poured all your funds into is not a good move) - you won't always make profit on an unusual, but there are ways you can back up without losing profit either. Lastly, if you really want to get into the whole unusual trading business, utilize online tools that allow you to search players backpacks for unusuals - if you go through the trouble of finding the player who likes your unusual and doesn't care much for trading a lot, they'll often be willing to make a nice deal in your favor.

Liquidate some assets, find a low-tier unusual for a nice price, and work your way from there - experience is the best thing you can get right now.
I could go on :yaoming:

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I could go on :yaoming:

384px-Son-i-am-disappoint.gif