FTP

LT_Clash

TD Member
i just got all the parts for my new computor so i want to turn my old one into a server. i have downloaded a client side FTP but as for all the port forwarding and makeing sure than my files are secure im not sure that i know what im doing. also im not sure if i should be setting it up as a linux server or stick to a windows based OS.

im fairly confident i could set this thing up but i would appreciate any help

Thanks

auron

TD Admin
I've always just used IIS (Internet Information Services) which is built into windows for setting up FTP. I have a machine at home that's used for a web server and an FTP server this way. It's actually really easy to implement but I'm not positive what level of windows you need. I think I'm running Windows XP Pro, or Media Center.

Doesn't answer your question but maybe something else to look into.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
If it's just for FTP Go Linux. ubuntu is simple and light anyone with slight knowledge can figure it out.

FTP isn't bad but if you want really secure offsite networking you need Hamachi (VPN software) which is free and in that case you should use SMB/CIFS not FTP.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1264223566=iSeize]
yeah FUCK THA POLICE
[/quote1264223566]

hahahahahahahahahaha that's what I thought once I attempted to read this jargon lol