Freakin' ridiculous... [Rant Ahead]

Will you be using Scrap.tf after this change in policy?

• Total voters

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So today, I got a hat drop. A Flipped Trilby. Not a fan of the hat, but it's 1.33 that I didn't have before. I decide to go over to scrap.tf to sell it.

Because of their policy of not putting any more metal into the bots, the bots can't even buy any hats unless people buy from them, giving them metal back. Not exactly convenient, but oh well, I decide to find a buyer on outpost. I find a buyer, get my metal, all's well.

Fast forward a few hours, I decide to check the stocks and queues of the Scrap.tf bots just for kicks and giggles. I click on the Sell Hats button and I'm met with this:
7c066973ef.png

If you wish to sell your hats to Scrap.tf, you now have to donate. I'm not sure if this is just an extremely late April Fool's day joke or what, but the policy is just stupid. It seems Geel9 and Jessecar don't care about anyone that doesn't donate to their site. I can't think of any other logical explanation.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, explain this to me. Right now, I'm just at a loss.
:fulloffuck:

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Haha, I always knew they were idiots. Remember when Geel scripted to craft a #1 Tuxxy? This just proves how cheap they are.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Maybe it's just a feature they added for when Metal stocks are low?
I just tried to sell hats now and it added me to the queue with no problems..

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
I stopped using it before it got crazy popular.
Now theres 15 min wait times:/

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I think Zackyzhuu's right that the main purpose of this is to get more metal into the bots. Keep in mind that while a lot of the features and such they've been implementing are "cheap", it's a service they're offering with their time and money. Trying to profit off that shouldn't be something they're condoned for.

Regarding Geel9's many strings of atrocious behavior, to my understanding he's no longer a leading developer but rather is just helping administrate the site; Jessecar is now the primary leader instead.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I didn't think of the fact that it could be to restock the bots, but as you said, Geel9 has been being a dick lately and I had no reason to think that it was anything other than that.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I've only started paying attention to his behavior recently, so yeah, for me, it's lately :shrug:

Handsome E. Buttocks

A Little Darkly
And just a little while ago, they were buying/selling hats for 1.22, maybe in an effort to clear out the bots (everyone previously selling to the bots, nobody buying from). Apparently all the bots are empty now, or damn close to it.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
The Bots always empty out whenever there is a chance of new hats being added to crafting.
Everyone wants those Craft Numbers.