For those nonfaction people?

Would you guys be testing this out in the future?

[video=youtube;yA-Eb_PD4SQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA-Eb_PD4SQ[/video]

Seems like it's easier to manage than a faction claiming, which can still be handled for larger bases.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Very nice plugin, but would probably be more useful on a SMP world without factions.
Maybe even a Creative Mode server so you can protect your builds.

The whole point of factions is so a whole group of people can come together and help each other out with surviving.
It is also a handy way of keeping your buildings safe.

If you join a faction server and don't join a faction, or at least make a faction on your own to claim your land, then really it's your own fault.
I know there is a cost now to make a faction, but really it's not hard to chop some wood or mine some cobble and sell it at the store to build up that money.

Again though, nice plugin. Would probably be good if DARKLY decides to have a regular SMP server in the future without factions.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Maybe...
Then again the factions plugin also has a built in personalised land claim.
If you want to claim land, but have it so that only you can build there in your faction...Theres a command for it.

If you stand on a patch of claimed land, and use /f owner <playername> then it means that only you, or anyone else you add to the owner list, can build on that 16x16 block of land.
It's all on /f help 5.

But I see what you're saying.
Maybe if the server gets further along we could enable a Donators portal to a third world, where people can build/survive and claim a patch of land with that plugin.