• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Economy imploding

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
On a similar topic... Canada gives billions of dollars every year to people who just moved here and don't even know a single word of English. How is that?

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Brains stop trying to troll.

The only way to combat that decline is either to have more children or increase the number of immigrants coming looking for work in Canada. Alternatively they want to raise the age to get CPP to 67

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Brains is 100% right. And to remy's point about bringing in more immigrants to work, I'm glad Harper is working to make ties with India a lot closer, and is investing billions. We gonna get fucked so hard it's not even funny.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
You also have a government job with a pension... set for life. Most people our age(20-30 year olds, not you old geezer :D)will not have a pension.

It sounds like I was never 20-30 and never did anything like want something better than working retail or at Sympatico and apply for jobs in my twenties to land a government job at age 30 (well 30 1/2). No that can't be it. I must have been born 44 and was gifted this career.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
Immigration is the backbone of Canada, everyone here is an immigrant or are descendants of it. My entire family (Grandmother and her 8 kids) came here and didn't know a single word of English and didn't have any money. They found jobs and now pay the same taxes as everyone else and contribute to the economy. Just because you're born here doesn't mean you're any less of a leach on the system. There are plenty of people I know that feed on the health care system and abuse welfare and they were born in Canada. Find a new place for your fake tears.

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
You're aboriginal?

Also this is section of the forums is for serious discussions so why dont you add something constructive to the conversation.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
It sounds like I was never 20-30 and never did anything like want something better than working retail or at Sympatico and apply for jobs in my twenties to land a government job at age 30 (well 30 1/2). No that can't be it. I must have been born 44 and was gifted this career.

Things are a lot different now... do you think you would have the same chance of getting a job with the government now as you did when you were first hired? government scaling back hiring as they now realize the amount of overpaid people with cushy pensions is not sustainable... and you're a white male, good luck getting in now with all the equal opportunity/diverse workplace recruiting garbage.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Immigration is the backbone of Canada, everyone here is an immigrant or are descendants of it. My entire family (Grandmother and her 8 kids) came here and didn't know a single word of English and didn't have any money. They found jobs and now pay the same taxes as everyone else and contribute to the economy. Just because you're born here doesn't mean you're any less of a leach on the system. There are plenty of people I know that feed on the health care system and abuse welfare and they were born in Canada. Find a new place for your fake tears.

I don't think BJ is talking about eurofags like you, as he is also a eurofag... think he means pakis... the majority come here an shit all over the place with no fucks given, live in their houses full of 25 people and expect Canadians to bend over and accept all of their ridiculous/barbaric religious/cultural traditions.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I think what brades meant is our generation will no longer have that opportunity to secure a job with a great pension as they're fewer and farther between now-a-days. For us it seems as though it's all personal planning and savings, which is tough to do with this cost of living :/

Edit @Brades response above (sorry I didn't see it). Kind of. I know all races and places rape canada, but I have to admit I see "that region of the world" abuse canada the most and now I see Harper throwing billions to secure tighter relations, more immigration, more money available for them when they land etc. why? The fuck they offer, dangerous snakes and poverty? Despite what crock they try to keep selling, their education is HORRID, so they can't use the oft-spewed skilled worker bullshit excuse on me. I actually want to know why? I think it's corruption, but it hate saying it because I get called a racist right away..

Last edited:

Noob.

TD Member
I know all races and places rape canada, but I have to admit I see "that region of the world" abuse canada the most and now I see Harper throwing billions to secure tighter relations, more immigration, more money available for them when they land etc. why?

Because if we're nice and friendly to them they will be our friends and won't try to blow us up. Or some other politically correct garbage excuse.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I laughed with your comment, however that region that I'm referring to in not hostile to us, they only openly harbour, support and defend terrorists.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Things are a lot different now... do you think you would have the same chance of getting a job with the government now as you did when you were first hired? government scaling back hiring as they now realize the amount of overpaid people with cushy pensions is not sustainable... and you're a white male, good luck getting in now with all the equal opportunity/diverse workplace recruiting garbage.
There was an external posting this week for the exact job I got in on. I shared it around and imagine that a few people that I know, who are white and even white males, will succeed. Especially since it is optional to answer sex / ethnicity.

I'd actually do OK because I have more skills now that I did then, and I am close to bilingual.

So tell me Braids, since you know everything, how much do I make? What do I do? What is a comparable salary for that in the private sector? In a top 500 company? In a public or not for profit company? How much do I contribute to my own pension? How does my employer?

Remy

TD Member / Gay Gyoza
I don't think BJ is talking about eurofags like you, as he is also a eurofag... think he means pakis... the majority come here an shit all over the place with no fucks given, live in their houses full of 25 people and expect Canadians to bend over and accept all of their ridiculous/barbaric religious/cultural traditions.

Cant tell if youre serious and really think I'm a eurofag.

"Some" come here and never contribute to the country but I have worked with plenty of these so called "pakis" even ones that are FOBs and they work just as hard as anyone else.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
There was an external posting this week for the exact job I got in on. I shared it around and imagine that a few people that I know, who are white and even white males, will succeed. Especially since it is optional to answer sex / ethnicity.

I'd actually do OK because I have more skills now that I did then, and I am close to bilingual.

So tell me Braids, since you know everything, how much do I make? What do I do? What is a comparable salary for that in the private sector? In a top 500 company? In a public or not for profit company? How much do I contribute to my own pension? How does my employer?

You think not filling out the ethnicity question will fool them? They see FOB name, resume goes to the top of the pile. I don't know what you do, something with accounting? It doesn't matter, I'm talking about the majority of Federal and Provincial workers who are paid much higher and have much better pensions compared to their private sector equivalent. This is fact, not sure why you are getting so defensive.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Cant tell if youre serious and really think I'm a eurofag.

"Some" come here and never contribute to the country but I have worked with plenty of these so called "pakis" even ones that are FOBs and they work just as hard as anyone else.

Didn't even notice it was you, fob remy... thought I was replying to Gensis LOL... you both have similar faggy avatars.

and I didn't say pakis don't work hard... just they shit all over Canada.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
You think not filling out the ethnicity question will fool them? They see FOB name, resume goes to the top of the pile. I don't know what you do, something with accounting? It doesn't matter, I'm talking about the majority of Federal and Provincial workers who are paid much higher and have much better pensions compared to their private sector equivalent. This is fact, not sure why you are getting so defensive.
Resume? Lol So out of date. That's all I need to know about the accuracy of the rest.
If you can't see the difference in the tone and specificity between your two posts, and understand why there's a reaction, then there's no point even talking. The problem is that at some of the lower levels, I would agree but at the higher levels where things get specialized, there aren't many if any private sector equivalents. It doesn't help that CFIB does wage studies and don't know the difference between median and average. Lower wages means more profit though. At least in the private sector you won't have a government pass legislation to void signed contracts (before Supreme Court of Canada to be overturned as it over steps authority).

Sent from my SGH-1337M (Samsung S4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swan

DARKLY Regular
So been reading through. Seems everyone is keen to blame a policy or group of people or immigration or any other thing. What I find is being ignored is that getting a job comes down to two factors (on a practical level): 1 - who you know. Tried and true. People hire friends and family over others whenever possible.
2 - salesmanship. Everyone is a salesperson for themselves. Some people suck at it, some are spectacular. If you aren't spectacular, you didn't get the job.

Yes, there's larger issues at play, but there always are/will be. These two things are always true.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
So been reading through. Seems everyone is keen to blame a policy or group of people or immigration or any other thing. What I find is being ignored is that getting a job comes down to two factors (on a practical level): 1 - who you know. Tried and true. People hire friends and family over others whenever possible.
2 - salesmanship. Everyone is a salesperson for themselves. Some people suck at it, some are spectacular. If you aren't spectacular, you didn't get the job.

Yes, there's larger issues at play, but there always are/will be. These two things are always true.

All this was what you were taught throughout school, from public to post-sec, and it's the same old script. What they forget to tell you is that you can do everything right and still lose to someone who is willing to do your job for less than what you're expecting.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ding ding ding. Both posts above. So, let me pose a real-world, from experience question: if Mr. Patel is hiring, and I'm up against another Patel who will no doubt do the job for less money (albeit with zero skill, education and knowledge; never mind the severe lack of soft skills and language), who's getting hired?

Has happened to me, and has happened to you all without even knowing it.