Dual Display help

sir-drek

TD Admin
So I just setup dual displays on my gaming rig and I have it setup with foobar & IRC on the secondary screen and let's say CSS on the right main monitor.

I'm CSS and lets say I'm dead so I wanna just into the discussion on IRC, I click on IRC, it minimizes CSS.

Is there a way I can have CSS not minimize everytime I click on something in the other screen?

Also any cool tips/tricks welcome.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
There isn't a way :( . Even with 2+ monitors, windows will only allow one fullscreen event, leaving all other programs inaccessible simaultaneously. I'm not sure if its windows or modern graphic card design that is the limiting factor.

Since realizing this myself, I disable the second screen when gaming to save energy.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
yeah drek, tried to figure htat out myself

What I do now is leave vent on my other monitor, and then have my TD IRC in my steam browser.

Let it be said that I am one bad connected mother fucker.

bumping this thread because i actually got a working solution that doesn't suck ass, and my second display is a fucking PSP so if i can get it working for this it shouldn't be a problem.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829174

basically have to force CSS to run in *borderless* windowed mode which basically makes it appear like it's in full screen and latency remains the same as if it were in full screen except that you can click on your second desktop without causing CS to disappear.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Workable, but I still don't like it. I need fullscreen gaming.. This is why I disable my second monitor until I need it - at which point i enable it through Nvidia Control Panel. Takes seconds...

[quote1298933124=OG buckshot jr]
Workable, but I still don't like it. I need fullscreen gaming.. This is why I disable my second monitor until I need it - at which point i enable it through Nvidia Control Panel. Takes seconds...
[/quote1298933124]

like i said man borderless windowed is indistinguishable from full screen in all possible ways. looks exactly the same, none of the desktop shows through as long as you set the hotkey script to the same resolution as you run normally

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
not bad s@l. pretty crafty. i jsut use second monitor (46" lcd) when i watch bootleg movies

DrUgZ

TD Admin
it may look the same but it is definitely not. the performance is quite different as is the overall feel. I tried this solution long ago when i got my second screen but I just couldn't handle it. so I made my plasma my second screen and hooked my 2nd monitor up to my server where i can do whatever fags do these days instead of watch you fags that are still alive.

r3volution

TD Admin
[quote1298945506=OG buckshot jr]
[/quote1298945506]
Basically do the same thing. Extra FPS in CS means quicker crosshair retraction (as far as I understand).

I personally use Ultramon to disable my secondary monitor. Just configure a shortcut key so you don't have to open up nVidia control panel all the time.

LT_Clash

TD Member
I have a quad core and if i don't limit it i can pull off over 300 fps while in windowed mode. what stoneage computer are you running that yor worried about a drop in preformence for running CSS in windowed mode?

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
[quote1298964311=LT_Clash]
I have a quad core and if i don't limit it i can pull off over 300 fps while in windowed mode. what stoneage computer are you running that yor worried about a drop in preformence for running CSS in windowed mode?

[/quote1298964311]

drugz is running 930 @ 4.0 , 12gb triple channel, dual 5870 (not sure)

r3volution

TD Admin
WTF drugz. You have an awesome computer. Someone buy me a new computer. I'm running a C2D E6400 @ 3ghz, 4GB of RAM and two x'fired ATI 4850s.