• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

DENIED DREAM CLOUD Toronto #2 Admin App

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAM CLOUD

I'm New Here
Game Handle(s): DREAM CLOUD
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:59146667Previous Clan/Community affiliations: Well I usually go with DNG but if not DNG I am with OzzyFurocity! I usually am with DNG.
Real First Name: Brandon
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: Darkly Toronto Team Fortress 2 Trade/Idle #2
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin:
I want to be an Admin to help out the community and make sure people using TF2 hacks, spambots, etc. etc. I also want to help out the Admins that are not able to be online all the time by being VERY active and making sure people dont make racial slurs twords people anymore.
YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play? Yes
Do you have a mic? Yes
Are you in good standing with the community? Yes
Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
1) Obligatory be active on forums post.
2) I have to -1 this guy, sorry. He didn't show, for me at least, the attitude necessary to be in a role of power.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
It appears that you have a big ol' juicy VAC ban on your account......yeah, good luck on this application, buddy.

Not to mention, you have 1/3 the amount of connection time required

DREAM CLOUD

I'm New Here
I have over 60 hours wrapped into the server. I only play 2 servers and the main one is Darkly. also the VAC Ban is from Mw2 because a hacker made the lobby an 18 person lobby and someone killed and got level 70 and then everyone was VAC Banned. It said the persons name and it said: Disconnect "players name" VAC BAN for Cheating Infraction

DREAM CLOUD

I'm New Here
I've been on the site for a few days. I have 3 active accounts that have ever played this server. 2 got hacked. and this one

DREAM CLOUD

I'm New Here
The VAC Ban is from a person in a lobby. He joined a server that was covered with the VAC Security. Well he opened a hack and make the lobby 18 people and an XP lobby. Someone killed another person and it VAC Banned every person in the lobby. Also the reason Im not active on the forums is because everytime I say something to people around here they just get mad and tell me to go away. Otherwise I would have comments on everyones apps. I would be super active.

Antimoon

DARKLY Regular
Also the reason Im not active on the forums is because everytime I say something to people around here they just get mad and tell me to go away. Otherwise I would have comments on everyones apps. I would be super active.

Try checking out some of the forums beyond the scope of commenting on other peoples' apps. Most people in the general section have no idea who you are, so unless you make an ass of yourself, they shouldn't get mad and tell you to go away. The keyword being "most".

shoottomaim

BANNED
The VAC Ban is from a person in a lobby. He joined a server that was covered with the VAC Security. Well he opened a hack and make the lobby 18 people and an XP lobby. Someone killed another person and it VAC Banned every person in the lobby. Also the reason Im not active on the forums is because everytime I say something to people around here they just get mad and tell me to go away. Otherwise I would have comments on everyones apps. I would be super active.

a) Proof of the above account of being banned for someone elses' mistake?
b) All 4 of your posts are from this thread.
c) You joined the forums 7 days ago.

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
Tbh I have never seen you in #2
If u were then you need to interact more

No +/- thing from me since I don't make these decisions anyways
Just wanted to make a suggestion

gl

Antimoon

DARKLY Regular
DREAM CLOUD, after playing with you a bit on server 2, I've got a couple relevant tips for you.

1) If someone's talking about things relevant to trading over voice chat, don't tell them to shut up. Micspam is annoying, yes, but using one's mic to talk about stuff like trading should be encouraged.
2) If you want to get to mod/admin status in any community, you have to learn not to sweat the small stuff. Most of what I heard from you on the mic consisted of complaints about various things (other players, being bodyshot, etc.). I mean, it's a trade server, nobody's trying to actually play well on it.
3) Be active. Talk to people on the server and the forums. Have conversations and get to know people. Don't just post in this thread and trade on the trade server.

Just as general advice to anyone who wants a position of authority in any gaming community, make sure that your priority is being a part of the community, not just having mod status somewhere to extend your e-peen.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Played a span of 15 minutes with him for the first time 2 days ago during the unusual spycrab hosted by Tick Tock Man. (Thank you for putting it on)
Just a few things I would suggest:
- Be more interactive in the servers, try and interact with all the players as much as you can. (This doesn't mean spam though) I think I heard you talk maybe once?
- Stay active on the forums, try to post in other threads other than your application (maybe a good start would be to make a thread in the "I am new section"
- Try and meet the required playing time for your application.

I will take away my -1 until I can play with you more. (Not that my opinion counts at all)
With all that aside, good luck.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub

That VAC thing still isn't making sense. I've never heard of a VAC Security just banning everybody in the lobby. That's incredibly inefficient and bugged and if it happened, it would be removed from your record. I'm not calling you a liar, but I am doubting the story because it doesn't make any sense at all :L

I've been unable to get on the servers lately because another quarter of college just started up, so I don't know how active you are ingame. To get my vote, you need a lot more forum activity and you really need to get this VAC thing clarified.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
That VAC thing still isn't making sense. I've never heard of a VAC Security just banning everybody in the lobby. That's incredibly inefficient and bugged and if it happened, it would be removed from your record.

VAC bans are never removed from any account or record, as per Valve's very strict policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.