• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Guys I have to say that I love how the community comes together.. this is incredible.. we've achieved 130+% in the first few days.. and with this costing much lower than before, it will so much easier and stress free to keep this amazing going...

also I'd like to point out that with the added benefit of lower costs and the weight of the financial operations resting upon a few of us, if any others donate like they have recently, maybe the guys like Glock, Prop and Kirock (who ALWAYS donate min $50) could take a month off and instead a well deserved case of beer or something... the more people we have, the less each could donate, relieving guys who donate a lot.. just a thought... in my books, they deserve it...

but thanks to all ! :D

glock

TD Admin
*hic* great...more beer.......
Just want to make sure things get off on a good footing. $50 not a big deal for me. Thanks

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
We can either do That: giving those big donors a break, or if they want to donate that much, it will go towards a decondary server later on, which will be used for Scrims/Tourneys/Cal.

Pyro

TD Admin
and if theres a huge surplus (which there WILL be if we have as many donations as we did for mahone's server), then we should let the major donors decide on what to do with it.
as it is, with $300, i think we can run two decent servers, or one excellent server, a vent, and a small scrim/tourney server and still have some extra money left.

auron

TD Admin
Keeping some spare money in case of a slow month or the coming financial crisis *lols* wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, consider the possibilities if we actually have 100 surplus each month? Give some sort of a prize for a tournament? Actually do the TD logo contest with a prize of some sort? That would take our community to a new level... just some ideas though.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Pyro, Auron, great ideas! I like where this thread is going. This is exactly what we want, we want the community involved in as many activities as possible, which will bring people closer together.

I think when everything is ready, when everything is stable, we should go for another 100-tic - 600 fps server - 10 players for CAL/Scrims/Tourneys.

Ventrillo is not a bad idea and it doesnt cost much.

We can have all three for give or take 200/month.

If we are in excess, its always a good thing to have a balance like Auron said, JUST IN CASE for whatever reason donations go down, the server doesnt go down with it until money is there?
That would ensure our server to always be up because we would never "miss" a payment.

I also like the idea of prizes for the community. For tourneys we can have a prize for the winning team and they can split it 3 way etc. Or we can make TD T-Shirts and have those as the prizes? I mean the possibilities are endless, we just have to put our ideas together and make something great out of this community.

TD Logo is not a bad way to spend it either. I mean it takes time and effort to make a great logo. I'm sure some $$$ will definitely motivate ppl to make good ones, we vote on the one we like, and the winner gets a prize.

Keep throwing in ideas! The BHA wants your voices to be heard!

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
I actually decided that when TD goes live I will be donating a 25 slot ventrilo server to TD for public and private use.

(not the huns vent btw pyro lol)

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1222977888=LoW BuDgEt]
I also like the idea of prizes for the community. For tourneys we can have a prize for the winning team and they can split it 3 way etc. Or we can make TD T-Shirts and have those as the prizes? I mean the possibilities are endless, we just have to put our ideas together and make something great out of this community.
[/quote1222977888]

A TD tee would be so geeky, but I'd wear the shit out of it LOL

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
[quote1222978046=Narf!]
[quote1222977888=LoW BuDgEt]
[/quote1222977888]

A TD tee would be so geeky, but I'd wear the shit out of it LOL
[/quote1222978046]

Well obviously if we chose to make T-Shirts, we would make sure they look HOT and not like a white "dollar store" shirt with www.torontodarkly.ca written on it lol.

buckshot

TD Member
well the point is we can do community stuff with surplus. We will b able to give away prizes, host money tournaments and keep in the bank for future months payments. But lets not get ahead of our selves as we still need the primary server to go smoothly. I think we should get that goin for atleast a month b4 we decide to commit anything else.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
IMO, have a extra months worth of server rent banked, incase of emergency also we for we commit to anything else

damn this server is serious business.

Soon we'll be recording every transaction and shit. (Though that wouldn't be such a bad idea)

auron

TD Admin
Yeah, I was just looking forward to the possibilities of having a public (or public enough) bank with no mysteries. Of course we need to get settled into our new server, bank a month or two of surplus funds and then we can look at other things. If the community can't scrape together the funds for the server for two straight months it probably should die.

Narf!

TD Admin
I think the BHA have already commited to covering the bills for the main server as long as people keep coming to the server.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I'm prepped to keep this fucker running for a year, with or without the help of the community. 2 months is not long term vision.

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1222981368=Leroy]

I'm prepped to keep this fucker running for a year, with or without the help of the community. 2 months is not long term vision.

[/quote1222981368]

Long term vision is 2" for Leroy

BURN WHITEY!!! BURRRRRRRNNNN

DrUgZ

TD Admin
I've been supporting TD for years and now that we are going to have a group of people that will dedicate the time and effort on a consistent basis to keep this community alive, I will gladly keep tossing up my hard earned scrilla for a good cause.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
[quote1222983643=DrUgZ]
I've been supporting TD for years and now that we are going to have a group of people that will dedicate the time and effort on a consistent basis to keep this community alive, I will gladly keep tossing up my hard earned scrilla for a good cause.
[/quote1222983643]
W00T W00T! P.S Hook me up with one of those hot chicks u got in ur avatar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.