Destiny

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Saw a quick preview for this and it looked cool. From this video, it seems very choppy and Halo-ish, which for a campaign that I don't have to play alone, is amazing. Choppy though, they better REALLY address that. I want smooth butter gameplay, not choppy Acclaim/EA garbage.

Ron Swanson

TD Member
Aren't the creators of Halo the ones that made this game? It looks like a good, i'd like to see more trailers for it.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Saw a quick preview for this and it looked cool. From this video, it seems very choppy and Halo-ish, which for a campaign that I don't have to play alone, is amazing. Choppy though, they better REALLY address that. I want smooth butter gameplay, not choppy Acclaim/EA garbage.

This game is going to be running at an inconsistent 30FPS, if the Halo games are any indication of what to expect. The only caveat that I can think of that might change this is if Destiny supports 2/4 player split screen. If it doesn't, we might see the game running at 60FPS. None of the Halo games were impressive from a visual perspective in their times, but they were technically impressive because they supported 4 player split screen with a ton of shit happening all at once on screen. It's hard to say at this point because we don't know a whole lot about how players are networked together.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Long as she's smooth, I couldn't care less... if it's a long, multiplayer campaign I'm in.
For sure. As long as it's a solid 30FPS, and everyone that's playing it is running it at 30FPS (which is likely considering that it's a console game), I'm fine with 30FPS. I'm really looking forward to this game.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
untitled-1l3kkd.gif
CORE i7 920 AT 3.7GHZ!!!

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Yes this is develop by Bungie the creator of Halo series. Highly doubt they'll do split screen, think this is aim toward being an MMOFPS like Planetside 2 but with PVE elements, well they do have PVP too.

Halo theme, boarderland style, with Guild wars 2 mmo mechanic like "World event" into it.

Game won't be release till 2014 so there's still lots of time to polishing up the game.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Awesome, should be back to gaming in 2014

I will not play it, if you can buy items with cash. I'm done with games that have a market place and are essentially a pay-to-win.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
I'm 99 percent sure there will be a market for micro transaction, what's going to be in it ... only time will tell. XD

I'm guessing, weapon skins? costume? exp booster? and other shit that doesn't effect the balance of the game IF they're smart about it.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I'm 99 percent sure there will be a market for micro transaction, what's going to be in it ... only time will tell. XD

I'm guessing, weapon skins? costume? exp booster? and other shit that doesn't effect the balance of the game IF they're smart about it.
I trust the people running Bungie more than that. Even looking at this from a purely financial perspective, Activision and Bungie won't risk alienating the fan base that Bungie built up during the days when they were making Halo games for Microsoft. Pay to win isn't happening.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Not gonna lie, Have been addicted to Halo:Reach for xbox , firefight is to much fun with bro's

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Not gonna lie, Have been addicted to Halo:Reach for xbox , firefight is to much fun with bro's
Nothing to be ashamed about. I've purchased and played through all of the first person shooter Halo games on Legendary difficulty, and I played the fuck out of Halo 1's multiplayer back in the day. Halo 2 turned me off to Halo multiplayer, though, and I never picked it back up again in any of the games that came after (at least to any significant degree). What little of Firefight I played in Halo 3: ODST was really fun.