Demo Request

I have 5 consecutive demos of me playing on de_dust_td which shows my problem with a flash bug. I need suggestions on how to reduce the size and how/where to upload them for review. Also, please look at the following links/pictures as they explain what I have to put up with.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821666&highlight=Dithering+Problem

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=101739

Please note the last "*new*" issue/bug on the list.
http://forums.steampowered.com/foru...ighlight=counter-strike+source+flashbangs+bug

The follow problems are on ALL DirectX 10.1 ATI Graphics cards!
- dithering issues with fog, smoke, dust and lightbeams (more solid than normal)
http://img33.imageshack.us/i/denuke0007glz.jpg/
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/dewestwood0001w.jpg/
- flashbangs can sometimes end up glitchy (double-vision), but still work as they should (screen turns totally white up to the max amount of time)

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
So, the story behind the story is, I was spec'in cerb (he knows I love him) and I figure I caught him noflashing, two kills while flatched. He said its an ATI bug.

I pulled the demo, the demo doesn't show the flatch effect.

I don't mean to shit on the guy, we appreciate the fact he plays here, I'm just doing my duty for the booty

Thoughts?

marinerevenge

TD Member
Seems legit. Cerb has never given me the impression of a hacker. He's good, and probably affected by this bug.

If you want to play it safe though, have him upload his system specs, or to take a screenshot of dxdiag running or something along those lines that you can't modify. Or blah blah blah. you know what im getting at.

Fork Included

TD Admin
about 3 months ago when i reformated my computer and installed brand new drivers for my video card, my CCS and other HL2 games would flicker randomly, and when they flickered, i would half-see through the map in a haze of multicoloured zig zags.

would have been fun to keep playing.. :) , but i respect the peoplehere to much to take advantage of such a random bug, so i reverted to old drivers and it went away.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
[quote1248466442=Fork Included]
[quote1248464244=Shotgun Jesus]
Ban cuntanus./ forever and ever, amen.
[/quote1248464244]

since when are you religeous?
[/quote1248466442]

U ned two werk no ur speeling.

marinerevenge

TD Member
Is that a joke prop?

edit : On a note, I don't even have problems with these bugs as far as I know, but there have been times where a flash grenade has gone off, and my screen blinks white and then everything is normal again and I can see perfectly fine. The sound is still cut out, but I can see and more often than not get kills while flashed.

I really don't think cerb is hacker.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
hacker or not, he didnt make an effort to notify any of the admins or the community in general of his situation prior to the ban. that alone is a pretty bitch move. you know you have an advantage and choose to keep it a secret then cry its not ur fault. =\

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
[quote1248709051=Shortbus]
hacker or not, he didnt make an effort to notify any of the admins or the community in general of his situation prior to the ban. that alone is a pretty bitch move. you know you have an advantage and choose to keep it a secret then cry its not ur fault. =\
[/quote1248709051]

I completely agree.

Okay, so what I'm getting from the majority of people who have replied to this topic is that I should be perma-banned for using an ATI card which has bad dithering issues and a weird flashbang bug which Valve has yet to address (if they updated CSS to the Orange Box Engine, not only would my problems be fixed, but the registration issues would be fixed as well for all players). Its okay that I can't see 80% of the people in de_westwood, de_dust, de_dust2, de_nuke, de_dessert_atrocity, de_kismayo and any map which uses sunbeams, dust sprites and fog... while I should be banned for having a weird flashbang bug (which is FAR from being a no-flash bug... I just see a "burnt-in" image of what I saw on my screen before being blinded. If a flashbang goes off right in front of my face then I WILL be blind for the same amount of time as everyone else, 95% of the time I can tell when a flashbang is going to go off and from where (because the sound is distinctive, and shares the same bouncing sound as the smoke grenade). I've adjusted my mouse sensitivity so that I can do easy and accurate 180 degree turns at the flick of a wrist so those 95% of the times I use sound and trajectory-prediction to avoid looking at the flash. There's also a bug that affects ALL players regardless of hardware where a 2nd flashbang would cancel out the white-out effects of the first one and this is a WELL KNOWN bug. I am still deaf just as long as everyone else when I get flashed and am deaf just as long too.

If you think I should be banned just for using an ATI graphics card, then maybe you should find out who else is using a DirectX 10.1 video card and ban them too, because I can assure you that they'll have the same flashbang bug and dithering issues as me.

I'm also curious to know which of you who have replied are both using Vista and an ATI DX10.1 graphics card, because this is a well-known problem for all ATI DX10.1 Source players.

And I've been trying to find user-based solutions not only for my dithering issues but the flashbang bug as well, I guess I should mention ALL the bugs and issues that I encounter everytime I decide to play on a server...

I will see if I can take a screenshot of the "double-vision" effect I get when I'm flashed and post it up here. I will post the image on imageshack.us instead of photobucket. Plus I'll upload the other pictures from my first post as well.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
[quote1248895466=cerberus]
Okay, so what I'm getting from the majority of people who have replied to this topic is that I should be perma-banned for using an ATI card which has bad dithering issues and a weird flashbang bug which Valve has yet to address (if they updated CSS to the Orange Box Engine, not only would my problems be fixed, but the registration issues would be fixed as well for all players). Its okay that I can't see 80% of the people in de_westwood, de_dust, de_dust2, de_nuke, de_dessert_atrocity, de_kismayo and any map which uses sunbeams, dust sprites and fog... while I should be banned for having a weird flashbang bug (which is FAR from being a no-flash bug... I just see a "burnt-in" image of what I saw on my screen before being blinded. If a flashbang goes off right in front of my face then I WILL be blind for the same amount of time as everyone else, 95% of the time I can tell when a flashbang is going to go off and from where (because the sound is distinctive, and shares the same bouncing sound as the smoke grenade). I've adjusted my mouse sensitivity so that I can do easy and accurate 180 degree turns at the flick of a wrist so those 95% of the times I use sound and trajectory-prediction to avoid looking at the flash. There's also a bug that affects ALL players regardless of hardware where a 2nd flashbang would cancel out the white-out effects of the first one and this is a WELL KNOWN bug. I am still deaf just as long as everyone else when I get flashed and am deaf just as long too.

If you think I should be banned just for using an ATI graphics card, then maybe you should find out who else is using a DirectX 10.1 video card and ban them too, because I can assure you that they'll have the same flashbang bug and dithering issues as me.

I'm also curious to know which of you who have replied are both using Vista and an ATI DX10.1 graphics card, because this is a well-known problem for all ATI DX10.1 Source players.

And I've been trying to find user-based solutions not only for my dithering issues but the flashbang bug as well, I guess I should mention ALL the bugs and issues that I encounter everytime I decide to play on a server...

I will see if I can take a screenshot of the "double-vision" effect I get when I'm flashed and post it up here. I will post the image on imageshack.us instead of photobucket. Plus I'll upload the other pictures from my first post as well.
[/quote1248895466]

What you fail to grasp is the fact that you never mentioned ur bug prior to getting banned. You knew it was an advantage on ur part but did not take any action to let the community know so they can try to help you or at least be aware.

What you did do is use the bug to ur advantage, not tell any1 about it till you got banned and started acting all innocent (EDIT:) as well as acting like the action taken against you was unfair.(/edit) Fact of the matter is you knew the entire time but only came forward when you were punished.

If i recall, the other day some1 defused the bomb in egon world through the floor and you didnt hesitate to yell ban.

Edit2: Hacks/bugs and all set aside, that was a sneaky move on ur part and if u cared about the community/wanted to help make it better you'd have let the admins know a while ago.

Just my 2cents.