de_desperation beta test

Propaganda

TD Member
Ok people this is your chance to give some input. I am looking for bugs and suggestions including any visual glitches, exploits, general layout and gameplay. I would liek feedback on possible positive changes instead of my last work where people cry but no one has ideas. So post feedback and thoughts here, I think this one is a winner.

This map was a lot of work and is mostly custom textures and lots of custom models. The final will have a better skybox, more models and hdr. It's still a work in progress. And lots of big talkers here but no help if anyone at all can do models and work with me I am interested.

auron

TD Admin
Looks really really nice man!! So impressive.

Shortbus and I tried to glitch as many things as we could and didn't find too much.

1. The tops of all of the boxes are clipped. In some places this is fine, in others not so much.

2. There was one little balcony where you could get inside of the boxes.

3. There is a tunnel with a wire hanging from the ceiling and it affects you somehow when you jump into it. Makes you hover momentarily.

4. In A tunnels you can get inside of the pots and it makes you damn near invisible. Probably more a source thing than a map thing, but figured I'd give you a heads up.

5. It's possible to plant off of the little platform in... B I think. Not a problem, but it is possible.

That's all we found.

I was in the middle of writing this and had a few people want to live test it. I've since found that Prop didn't want it played live on the server, so be sure to ask him.

Lightbox was being weird, so here's direct links.
www.claudesutterlin.com/css/desp01.jpg
www.claudesutterlin.com/css/desp02.jpg
www.claudesutterlin.com/css/desp03.jpg
www.claudesutterlin.com/css/desp04.jpg
www.claudesutterlin.com/css/desp05.jpg

Roach

TD Admin
Hey prop, I loved this map. But hey, I liked outlaws aswell so maybe im just a fan of new maps.

I only played it once, and was ct
Some things I noticed
-CT side watching A gets highground advantage if T rushs A.
If you move CT spawn back and T spawn forward, I think Ts will get through that A side tunnel before CT even get to thier highground
-CT rushing b side is hard, because of t side highground advantge, I tihnk this is the wqay it should be, to have one bombsite more pheasable than another, so that ct naturally stack one side a bit, giving t a chance to catch ct offguard. I find that games are often pretty boring if both bombsites are as easily broken into. (like Dust2)
Basically what im saying is I think the spawns are good
And prop man, this map looks sooooo nice on my comp ^^ the textures are really well done, and the layout of the map is something new and unique. Your a talented map maker.

O and whats the back story to this map, its sometimes fun to feel like theres actually a purpose to bombing or defending bombsite...all i can think of is inferno where a bunch of fruit hating terrorists use c4 to blow up tangerines...

iSeize

TD Admin
i think the ledges in Mid are a little too high, they provide just a little TOO perfect cover to crouch behind in my opinion. im not a fan for shooting at heads as they poke out with no chance of hitting body parts.if i had to suggest anything i think they should be shortened to a little smaller height, similar to Short A & Site A on Dust2. if this was the intention, then i guess im missing the point.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing on the map, and would love to see a scrim version. I think its layout is perfect for 32 players, and as Prop said in another comment, its a bit too big for scrim.

I wouldn't mind trying it on the scrim server once or twice, and giving some feedback for competitive purposes if Prop is in any way interested (after you have finished with the current version, of course).

I know you have probably said this in multiple threads, but what programs do you use to do models? I have some free time coming up, and I could help, I just need to know where to start.

Propaganda

TD Member
All very good feedback. The map is undergoing a massive rework and being downsized slightly. Please do not distribute the original version of this map if you have it, especially to Spinny.

@Keeripes you can map in 3ds max, XSI Softimage (free), Khed (also free), blender or whatever suits you. I can import 3ds and compile the models, no one has to learn the actual compiling unless you want to, collisions can be a pain in the ass. 3ds units and softimage units are the same as hammer, so 1 hammer unit = 1 model unit.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Booo, i thought the beta was gonna stay on the server till you finish the tweaks and put on the revised version.

Propaganda

TD Member
[quote1272420870=Shortbus]
Booo, i thought the beta was gonna stay on the server till you finish the tweaks and put on the revised version.
[/quote1272420870]

Negative. It was a test only. The longer it stays on the server the more chance people find it and put it into circulation.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
[quote1272424146=Propaganda]
All very good feedback. The map is undergoing a massive rework and being downsized slightly. Please do not distribute the original version of this map if you have it, especially to Spinny.

[/quote1272424146]

LOL what the hell :P ... I didnt even play it that night, I want the map though :P

iSeize

TD Admin
also, in the hallway with the hanging wired lighting, the wire clips through some stacked crates. just a visual glitch.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
[quote1272494216=Spinny]
[quote1272424146=Propaganda]

[/quote1272424146]

LOL what the hell :P ... I didnt even play it that night, I want the map though :P
[/quote1272494216]

back in your cage !