NEWS DDoS Against Host

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
Just got an email from the host:

We are seeing a high level of DDoS activity today across all locations, leading to bursts of packet loss and near-constant emergency null-rutes. We are monitoring and investigating, and trying to do everything we can to slow these down, but in most cases, they are causing problems for Internap upstream, so we have no real options available.
So, if server is acting shitty tonight, that is likely why.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
Until New Years there will be a lot of DDoS activity because of the assumption and reality that there are less active administrators during the holidays and teenage script kiddies are off from school.

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
So much for ddos protection, fight for free service!

Since the e-mail said Internap I'm assuming that's the gaming servers but for the website you could use CloudFlare. It uses propagation to defend against a DoS but I noticed random sync problems with their Toronto CDN through other sites that use them. I solve the problem by using my proxy server which uses another CDN and is less than ideal.

Kanapka

A Little Darkly
1362793711846.gif

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
Here's what host is saying:

A very large DDoS attack against your IP address 216.52.143.77 overloaded our connection speed and/or our router's filtering capacity at your location a short while ago and caused location-wide problems. We were forced to null-route the IP address as an emergency response measure. This null-route will need to remain in place for at least 8 hours.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I don't know much about PSL or ABM, but that's three good communities down the shitter. What the fuck, that's pretty frustrating...

Who's left to benefit is the question??