DARKLY: Dustbowl!

shoottomaim

BANNED
I'd like to present the idea of a new server for DARKLY that hosts the map Dustbowl, and isn't for trading. That server should be for playing TF2.
I'm a huge fan of Dustbowl. I think it's a great map, but I think that it's too bad that DARKLY doesn't have one... so why don't we make a server with the map Dustbowl?
We have over 8 servers that have the map trade_rawr_v1. 2 servers have the map trade_plaza. Perhaps we could take one (or some) of the trade_rawr_v1 servers and have them host other maps, such as Dustbowl, 2Fort, and other maps.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
We've tried regular TF2 many times. They do well at first then quickly fade. Our trades are ballin' though. :headbang:

I have an idea i like Saxton Hale so much and the few servers there are for it are full a lot it is fun to be sax ton and too kill someone with a lot of health.It requires team work and is pretty damn fun.

shoottomaim

BANNED
We've tried regular TF2 many times. They do well at first then quickly fade. Our trades are ballin' though. :headbang:

Perhaps we need to advertise more. Maybe we can take down the Battlefield 3 announcement from October 2011, and replace it with an advertisement for the new TF2 server.

Synister

Banned
2Fort is a classic one that could still be used as a trade server, you just wouldn't really be able to idle on it (kinda)

It would be somewhat interesting, and you could always raise the amount of times needed to capture the intel or even just delete the intel all together ;D

I would support the public servers, but if we could get more TF2 players active here, perhaps it would make a difference, especially if you invested n locations that are not maintained well.

Maybe a No-Crit server like the CS:S counterpart?

I won't stop TF2 Trading until I create the first TD TF2 Division! XD

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I think we should have maps other than trade maps.
Maybe it would bring the TF2 players here, rather than just the TF2 traders?

I think we should have maps other than trade maps.
Maybe it would bring the TF2 players here, rather than just the TF2 traders?

You mean like Surf, Saxton Hale, etc?

Take a look at the top servers on Game Tracker, and a community, such as intox, how can DARKLY compete with that much competition already? If its for experimenting, sign me up for it but I'm unsure what can be done that will attract people. Perhaps a Surf server?

shoottomaim

BANNED
I just thought that... well... Darkly GAMING Network, ya know?
Not to be offensive. I just really want a DARKLY TF2 server that isn't meant for trading.

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
I would support the public servers, but if we could get more TF2 players active here, perhaps it would make a difference, especially if you invested n locations that are not maintained well.

Maybe a No-Crit server like the CS:S counterpart?

I won't stop TF2 Trading until I create the first TD TF2 Division! XD

We had a 24slot no crit tf2 server. And to a lesser extent, a 2nd one once the first one began to fill up on its own daily.

The map rotation changed quite a bit on the server and we had it going steady for quite some time.

It was during the time where valve rolled out a tf2 update literally almost every day and the people (LB) who were updating the server (who also have real lives/responsibilities) couldnt be waiting for the updates 24/7 which caused us to lose some players due to the downtime.

That and if i remember correctly, were were having troubles (with the host?) which also caused the server to suffer a couple days down time.

We had a 24slot no crit tf2 server. And to a lesser extent, a 2nd one once the first one began to fill up on its own daily.

The map rotation changed quite a bit on the server and we had it going steady for quite some time.

It was during the time where valve rolled out a tf2 update literally almost every day and the people (LB) who were updating the server (who also have real lives/responsibilities) couldnt be waiting for the updates 24/7 which caused us to lose some players due to the downtime.

That and if i remember correctly, were were having troubles (with the host?) which also caused the server to suffer a couple days down time.
Sometimes we end up fucking up our second chance before we even receive it.

I'd still would like to see more TF2 people being active on the forums, everyone's so mean to me! :cry:

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
You mean like Surf, Saxton Hale, etc?

Take a look at the top servers on Game Tracker, and a community, such as intox, how can DARKLY compete with that much competition already? If its for experimenting, sign me up for it but I'm unsure what can be done that will attract people. Perhaps a Surf server?

Well I wasn't meaning to compete with other gaming networks.
I just meant that it would bring a few more people in to this network.
I myself wouldn't mind playing on a TF2 Darkly Game server with a few of you lot every so often instead of just using Darkly servers for trading.

shoottomaim

BANNED

Then do you think that they'll start up the server again?