CSGO Server Refresh

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I just got finished playing a match, and it felt REALLY good. It's kind of hard to describe, but the game just 'felt' better - less input lag. I wasn't getting any sv drop or choke. I'm still looking forward to seeing what the kernel recompilation will do for 128 tick, though.

Macido

DARKLY Regular
I just got finished playing a match, and it felt REALLY good. It's kind of hard to describe, but the game just 'felt' better - less input lag. I wasn't getting any sv drop or choke. I'm still looking forward to seeing what the kernel recompilation will do for 128 tick, though.

I would bet money this is only because server was "refreshed", it always seems to go back to suck after first week and continually gets worse.
I think I was incorrect in my last post, server was probably still 128 tic but the rates were all caped at 64. I meant to say the new lower cap did not correct the problem, if anything it just got worse.

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
I would bet money this is only because server was "refreshed", it always seems to go back to suck after first week and continually gets worse.
The server has been restarted before, but the change in how it has felt has never been this dramatic. I reserve the right to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the reason the server feels better is because there's less load for the server to handle at 64 tick. I'll play again today, for sure.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
I think I was incorrect in my last post, server was probably still 128 tic but the rates were all caped at 64. I meant to say the new lower cap did not correct the problem, if anything it just got worse.

:yaoming:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
64-tick for 32-players. We've been saying this forever, like a broken record. But what would we know, it's not like we've been running top game servers in Canada for a decade or anything :yaoming:
Thanks Sgt. Rex Power Colt for always providing feedback, as well your kindness and patience towards TD :)

KaShadow

DARKLY Regular
I just connected a few minutes ago and noticed no difference what-so-ever. Still random hitches and lag spikes, still sv drops and var spikes. I'd love to come back to Darkly but at this point the 64tic Valve comp servers are smoother.
DUDE
we miss you! :feelsbad:

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
People that want to complain any further just need to hold their dicks and wait for Leroy to do the recompilation. I'm still very much for 128 tick, if that isn't clear to some people reading this thread, but the server definitely feels better as it is right now. It's resolved my frame rate issues for the most part, no dips in the sv, etc.

.44 caliber

TD Admin
I don't understand a sweet fucking thing in this thread but the last time I played was before Christmas. I had the slow Fps drops and the only way to fix was to rejoin the server (until it happened again). If this is the same issue you guys are talking about then I am pumped to come back and see if it's fixed. Btw I am in the same boat as cujo and sgt Rex. Was able to do fuck all in TD but had flawless gameplay in the abm server :(

STERLINGARCHER

DARKLY Regular
off topic but is there a performance benefit to running CSGO on a SSD? I have it installed on my external and not my SSD, should I switch it?