• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

CSGO server needs help

HappySticks™

TD Admin
Steve is 100% correct. The game gets boring after playing it for more than a hour.
Doesn't explain why VPP is full 24/7. Whether we need to offer knife skins, reset the stats, have a bunch of people idle in spec or offer blowjobs, idk but not doing anything won't fix the problem.

:rip:

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
Everyone posting here should play CS GO on a regular basis, problem solved.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
what is it gonna take to reset the fucking stats ?!?!?! RAGE EEIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Doesn't explain why VPP is full 24/7. Whether we need to offer knife skins, reset the stats, have a bunch of people idle in spec or offer blowjobs, idk but not doing anything won't fix the problem.

:rip:
As @Fork Included mentioned. TD was founded 10 years on the back of the TD OG's. Our backs are tried. None of us play cs anymore, hell most of the OGs are wifed & kid'd.

Id love to hop on a full TD, but I can't manage to play CS more than once a week or so anymore.

The drive to play is gone.

GLHF I hope skins or something works.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
TD is dead. Thanks, Lowbama.

Says the person who killed the server with the night maps.
Another problem is, when both insurgency / csgo server is full, the SV and shit is unstable.

So irrelevant. The SV went to shit after a recent update that made csgo a resource hog and our current setup can't handle it. This was discussed in darkly lounge. I even added more cores, doesn't solve the issue. SV hits the fan even when Ins servers are empty. Bringing tick down to 64 will solve the problem.

Last edited:

Carns

TD Admin
Here's some random shit I thought about while at work. Don't know if any of it is in-line with what the brain trust wants, but if you throw enough shit at the wall, something is bound to stick.

Main monthly giveaway: a new release. Highest rank for non-admin, maybe even non-TD members. Ranks would need to be reset monthly for a fair shake. Should attract newer players, make them come back. Should also entice some of the non-member regulars. I'll pay for the game myself if I have to. Have it featured on the MOTD, as well as the site.

Side giveaway: Highest total kills with a random-never-used weapon. Open to everyone on the server. There's enough weapons and skins in this game to keep this going for awhile. Second place could get a key to a crate of their choosing or the current operation. Rotate an ad through the chat once in awhile, keeping it short.

The MOTD could be altered, slightly. Showing a splash page linking to the website, while showing any giveaways and some basic rules. Move the ad to the bottom or have a smaller one on the side.

Some ads could be rotated through the chat. Nothing too frequent, but every once in awhile. Just not enough to be annoying. Just to recommend things like visiting Darkly.ca, adding the server to the favourites, or suggesting people to nominate something for the next map, instead of thewhaleman manually reminding people. This could cut down on some of the random maps the server suggests. Maybe even a reminder that Friendly Fire is ON, so I don't get stabbed coming out of spawn by a retard that doesn't have a clue.

At some point in time, this was more thought out... but I'm just home from work. I may have also forgotten something, I'll edit if I remember anything.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
I'm currently drafting the post for a new giveaway, but you have to understand that hosting giveaways is time-consuming. After running four so far that last a week, I cannot see anyone with a FT job or family taking the time to host the giveaway. From the looks of it, most of our admins fall in one or both camps.

I will most likely post a giveaway tonight, if not tomorrow morning. It's a new format that shifts the majority of work from the host to the player GET HYPED

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Carns

TD Admin
It's starting to feel like this everynight....
I was thinking something more a long the lines of having a password on the server one night a week. It should make some regulars want to be members and some randoms want to be regulars, eventually members. It also leaves a little mystery as people won't be able to just join, as they'd be walled out. Plus, all the AIDs maps would potentially be on the table, as I doubt anyone that would have access would scoff at some of the maps on the server. It could end up being Egon/Kismayo/Desert Atrocity instead of Dust2/Mirage/Dust2 all the time.

To make it more effective, maybe establish a small group of regulars/members to regularly patrol the server in pairs for a few hours, even if just idle. See if any randoms become new regulars. Doesn't have to be all day, and there's enough of us that we should be able to find a decent number between everyone's schedule. It's pretty much anything to breathe life into the server at this point.